forclosure

Asked by Bubbles, Berwyn, IL Mon Dec 12, 2011

If your house goe's into a forclosure are you able to take your appliances with you?stove, fridge, etc..?

Answers

4
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Until the house forecloses and the bank takes tittle, the person currently holding the title owns the home and they can do what ever they please. If the bank has taking possession then only the thing that are not attached.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure, short sale, deed-in-lieu-of or bankruptcy expert
Movin-On LLC
Helping families/people that have lost their homes get back into another in as little as 6 months
Alex Lopez, , South Florida, FL
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Why let the house go into foreclosure when you can avoid it by eliminating your mortgage through a short sale? see http://www.shortsalespeople.com . People usually take their appliances with them in a short sale, you just need to exclude them from the sales contract..
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Hi Bubbles,

Appliance 'attached' to the property are considered as 'part of' the property. Such as light fixtures, built in appliances, etc. Refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. are considered personal property so you can take those.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Carlos Herre…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Dec 12, 2011
This is something that I don't think is set into stone on any documents and it really varies with what homeowners decide to do when this time comes (foreclosure). I have seen homes almost emptied (appliances, fixtures, you name it!). It really is a fine line with what people's opinions will be on the subject, simply because if you think about the future homeowners and the bank's ability to resell in it's current condition it will vary due to the condition you leave the home in.

If it were me in the situation, would I take the appliances? Probably. I would def. try to leave at least the outside in as decent shape as possible for the neighbor's sake. So that they don't have an abandoned looking property that lends itself to possible theft and just affects the overall appeal of the neighborhood.

Once again, this is just a matter of deciding how much your appliances, etc. are worth to you and as far as legalities go, I am not aware of any issues with taking your appliances with you when you vacate.

Best of Luck.