finding out if the house we are living is in foreclousre

Asked by Chavez2012, Albuquerque, NM Tue Mar 20, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Leigh-Jo Anz…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Since "foreclosure" is a process, change in ownership may not have occured yet. Are you renting the home, or are you the owner? If you are the homeowner and your name is on the mortgage, you can call the bank who is servicing your loan to request the status of the loan. They can give you details regarding your current standing.

Now, if you're renting and are unsure if the landlord is going through foreclosure, this can be tricky because, you won't have permission to discuss details regarding the loan. You may want to contact the landlord regarding your concerns.

If you're behind on payments and are no longer able to maintain the mortgage, you may wish to first try loan modification, deed in lieu or short sale. Avoiding foreclosure should be a priority.

Give me a call, text or send me an email and I'll break down all of your options.

Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference:
1 vote
David Staffo…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Here are the specific websites I mentioned.
Go here and plug in your address:
Write down your city platting info.
Then go here:
Enter Document Search, then plug in only your subdivision, lot, & block and seach.
Look in the left column of the returns for "Lis Pendens". If there is one in the last year or so, the house is likely to be in some stage of foreclosure, so you should take this info to your owner/landlord and ask for the details. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or for more info.
1 vote
Adam Pehrson, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Send me the address in question, and I'll be glad to Search it out for you.

0 votes
Matt Peters, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Public record search may not be that easy, although that could give you the most warning.
Search NMCourts,gov/caselookup for your landlord's name (last name first). Use the name in "address lookup" for the owner. Narrow search to District Court and the local jurisdiction (Albuquerque for Bernalillo County) and a date range for the last year or two.
There is a considerable amount of time from initial filing in court to completion of a foreclosure process. If you have a valid lease, you may have rights to stay even after foreclosure, until the home is sold to an owner-occupant. Even then, you probably have 90 days to move.

It's a great time to buy, with depressed values and low interest rates. If you plan on staying in the area for at least 5 years, without a need to change residence, you might side step the whole rental worry thing.

0 votes
David Staffo…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Go to and look up public records. First go to tax assessor and look up by address to get legal description, then go to records lookup and punch in legal. Look for a lis pendens notice, which is first step (notice of default).
0 votes
so put in the parcel id # so how do i know if the house is in foreclousre?
Flag Tue Mar 20, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more