Foreclosure in Stockton>Question Details

Debscloset2u, Renter in Stockton, CA

can you still qualify to get cash for keys if you have already relocated before the auction sale date?

Asked by Debscloset2u, Stockton, CA Fri Sep 16, 2011

If you are no longer in the house does that mean they won't pay you?

Answers

5
You could always move back in if the bank doesn't know you've moved out yet. I'd do anything to make life as miserable as I can for the banks who sold so many bogus loans that turned out to make life so miserable for so many. Just my humble opinion and my number two pet peeve. Now having said that please realize that I have my tongue firmly pressed against my cheek. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
Tthank you!
I too am not wanting to cut the bank any slack. Even a short sale or deed in lieu is in the banks best interest not mine. I can't believe the hoops they want me to jump through to give them the deed to my house. I just don't trust them.
Cash for Keys is a method used by the banks to get you to move out quickly and leave the place in broom clean condition. If you have already moved out, what would motivate them to give you money? Just curious why you thought they might pay you to do something you already did voluntarily.

Shel-lee Davis
Correct, if you are not in the house, it could be considered abandoned and cash for keys is not usually used. You need to be in the house to receive cash for keys...
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
You are correct. You have to be occupying the property at the time the agent comes to make the cash for keys offer to receive the money. After the auction and it is assigned to an agent, the agent visits the property to check it's occupancy status. If they find it vacant, they will take possession of the property and have it rekeyed right away.