can i afford a single family/townhome, 2bed 2bath in miami area??

Asked by Abiola Abdullah, Boston, MA Fri Oct 5, 2007

military member, transfering hopefully to the Miami area, credit is ok, and improving, with little to no down payment available. my BAH (basic housing allowance) is 1630, would i be able to afford a a single family/townhome 2 bed 2 bath within 30-40 minutes of south beach (work)?

Answers

4
Eric, , Moore, OK
Thu Oct 11, 2007
Abiola, I know of several properties that fit your guidelines. There are sellers that will do a "contract for deed"- basically seller financing in which you wouldn't have to qualify. I also find and negotiate short sales (properties in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure) that are acquired for pennies on the dollar. Please feel free to give me a call and maybe I can help you out. 305.299.7172
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Oct 5, 2007
Abiola - last time we checked there were some townhomes in Miami Shores and single family rentals in Surfside in your price range. You should not have a problem. If you want a list of rentals directly from the MLS, I would be glad to e-mail them to you without obligation.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Fri Oct 5, 2007
Hi Abiola,

The link below shows the 2-bed, 2-bath single family homes and townhouses in Miami that are currently listed on Trulia. I'm not sure what your price range is but you can use the filter on the left side of the page to refine your results by price.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Hagen H. Hen…, , Miami, FL
Fri Oct 5, 2007
Well, there might be some possibilities. One thing you should foccus on is improving your credit as much as possible. Perhapse even renting might be a good thing at the beginning, until you find an area that you like and that is affordable. Options are certainly available and out there. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to email me. Best of luck and make sure to improve the credit rating. That's what really makes a difference now adays.
Hagen
Web Reference:  http://www.hagenhendrix.com