can an HOA in SC put a judgement against me if my house is in foreclosure.?

Asked by Pooh136622003, Simpsonville, SC Thu Oct 18, 2012

Can an HOA in SC put a judgement against you if your house is in foreclosure..

Answers

2
Aris R Mendez, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Pooh : ),

Yes the HOA can place a lean in your home but it's cost effective not to specially if the home is under a distress status. If you have reached a Foreclosure status do a big favor to yourself and do not allow yourself to be foreclose on, your bank will allow the property to be short sale halting the foreclosure process and saving them tons of money. There may be an incentive for you as well, call me I can help, 've done numerous short sales. Thank you.

"Your Greenville SC Short Sale & Foreclosure Home Specialist"

Aris Mendez REALTOR®
864-567-5114
Karen Schnez…, Agent, Simpsonville, SC
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Yes, but most HOA do not place the judgement on the property for HOA dues, because once the property has been foreclosured all liens and judgements for the property are removed. The HOA needs the funds paid. After it has been foreclosed without a judgement, the HOA will try to collect from the current owner or the bank.

Are you trying the Short Sale process, most lenders are using the Short Sale route since studies shows the lenders will net a higher return via short sale than foreclosure?