can a mortgage lender put a freeze on my bank account?

Asked by Lisa, 34668 Thu May 21, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gary De Pury, , Pasco County, FL
Mon Jul 6, 2009
Lisa, short of contacting an attorney, read the Fair credit and debt collection act. If they threatened to freeze your account, or call your employer, or any other threats, you need to call an attorney. They can't do it or even say it.

There are attorneys that handle this type of case on a contingency basis, meaning that they get paid when you do, and they will sue the bank and get you paid. I have a number of an attorney in Tampa that does this type of work if you need it.

I hope this helps.

Gary De Pury
Bay Vista Realty
0 votes
Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Fri May 22, 2009
You need to talk to an attorney. But I think there must be alot more to this than a residiental mortgage. In all the properies I have been involved in, that were in the foeclosure process, I have never heard or saw the bank accounts frozen. I have seen where people have business accounts and commerical mortgages tied to the same bank issues with banks taken. Not sure what legal processes go into effect to create the ability to freeze these accounts. Maybe if there is a bankruptcy there may be the ability to freeze the bank accounts.

Contact the bank directly or contact an attorney to understand your rights and how to free you assets in your bank account.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certifed Distress Property Expert
Greenfield, Wisconsin
0 votes
Joanna Morris, Agent, Floral City, FL
Fri May 22, 2009
It is going to be difficult for you to get an answer without telling someone more details. I agree with Nadine that it would probably be best for you contact an attorney if you need help locating one let me know. If you are behind on your payments and that is the only issue.............................then the bank would simply start foreclosure proceedings. You do have options to try to keep your home or possibly sale it before they foreclose. I also work Pasco County and have been sucessful in short selling properties. Click on my profile if you would like to contact me.
0 votes
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Thu May 21, 2009
Hi Lisa,

I think thats a good question for an attorney.

Nadine Mauro
Regency Realty Services
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more