a short sale was just handed over to the bank for foreclosure procedures. I have the bank and the ph of the

Asked by Sabrina, Miami, FL Wed Aug 13, 2008

lawyer. Could I make a cash offer directly?

Answers

6
RN, , Miami, FL
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Sabrina,
Definitely use a Realtor in this situation-- they can sit with you and make your offer stronger--sometimes just cash and price aren't everything, as it's likely there is more than one cash offer coming in.
A Realtor's services are free of charge, and you get the skills of a professional negotiator who knows the business-- you can't really lose.
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Sabrina, call me and I will contact them.
Mike Ceparano, 813-417-6698
ceppym@yahoo.com
Sabrina, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Thu Aug 14, 2008
I called the bank and they basically told me to contact the owner whose name I have but there is no phone number listed. The listing agent still has the unit listed but the additional info indicates the bank now owns the property since a few days.
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Dealing with the lawyer won't be any easier and in fact, it may be harder, as many don't want to or won't speak with anyone, except their client. The only way for the bank to approve it, is with an offer. No offers, no approval. Just because the price was high, doesn't mean you couldn't have offered much less, possibly just under Fair Market Value. If you email me direct, I would be more then happy to help you, for free of course, and we will see what I can find out from the lawyers and whoever else. I will have a bunch of questions for you then, so that I will be able to research the unit and comps. Thanks.
Mike Ceparano, 813-417-6698
ceppym@yahoo.com
Sabrina, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
I did not want to deal with the short sale. Bank had not approved it and iI did not want to wait for months. Also, the price was too high compared to similar units in same building.
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
You may be able to, just call the lawyer and he will advise. Your best bet would to use a Realtor, as they will respond better to a Realtor, but even better, it doesn't cost you a dime. The one thing that makes me wonder is, why didn't you put the offer in when it was a short sale? If you did and they didn't except, they aren't going to accept the same offer now. Fill me in with some more info, and I will be able to advise you a little better.