Will I receive an official court document after a foreclosure judgement?

Asked by Kim, Old West Side, Longview, WA Thu Oct 14, 2010

I do not want to leave my home until I have to. I had a realtor come to my door with a preprinted paper requesting we leave. I know it is going to happen but I would think I would receive something more official.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jaryd Ruffner’s answer
Jaryd Ruffner, Agent, Puyallup, WA
Tue Oct 19, 2010
The note you received is more than likely a Notice To Vacate. If you do not comply with that notice, you will get served with an official court eviction notice which will name a date and time at which the Sheriff will make you leave and your possessions will be removed from the home and placed outside for you to take. Many banks are offering cash-for-keys after a foreclosure to avoid going through the legal process. These are basically "friendly evictions" which can allow everyone to win and possibly give you some extra money to move with.
0 votes
HLR, , Oregon
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Kim, I see now your a renter, the same Notice of default is posted on the property, but check that website I noted before, and your address from the list in Longview. It's free to check, and then you'll have idea of what is going on and call your landload, and ask him what is going on.

Again, best to you.

0 votes
HLR, , Oregon
Thu Oct 14, 2010
First of all you should got a Notice of Default filed with the court and come to you in Certified Mail, then you have 4 months at least to stay in your home. Try this website USA-Foreclosure.com to see what auction date is posted for your home, if for some reason you missed your mailing from the court. Also, contact your lender to see what they are planning, and if they have all their paper work right, to foreclose.

Best to you.
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Kim once your home is taken in foreclosure, the bank will begin eviction, it will not come from a realtor but come from the Sherriff. The realtor though can offer you cash for keys, this is where if you move out say within 30 days, leave the house without any garbage left behond and no damage the will pay you $1000 or more. You can negotiate the amount depending on how fast you can get out.

if you do not take cash for keys teh Sherriff will deliver your eviction notice with a 30 day notice, if you do not move out they will set a court hearing where the judge will give judgement to the bank and teh sherriff can remove you. Your best bet is to ask for a cash for keys agreement and at leats get some money towards your move.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Popular Longview Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more