Foreclosure in 30606>Question Details

Betsyboswell, Other/Just Looking in 30606

Who gets the cash if the broker refuses to give it to you after they have checked the house?

Asked by Betsyboswell, 30606 Mon May 21, 2012

I was refused my cash for keys money when the broker came and checked our house. We had 2 trash bags we were taking with us to the dumpster in the grage and he said because of those bags our house was not completely clean. Does he get the money that was promised to us?

Answers

2
No! Broker's nor Agents do not receive any monies in these situations and actually don't get paid at all until the property closes for any and all work involved. Cash for keys is discretionary compensation offered by the foreclosing bank only if occupant of property has left the home in cleaned out condition, it is an incentive to cooperate and is not an obligation they are required to pay. Did you get anything in writing and document the condition of home when you vacated by chance? If you did, that is really your only way to make a case for yourself. Hope this helps
Betsy,

You've got a question for a lawyer, not a Real Estate professional. That said, I'm thinking that a good Real Estate lawyer would be your best bet for advice.

I'm happy to provide a couple of references, but it's not appropriate for me to do that in this forum. Feel free to email me at gkaup@me.com if you like them.

Good Luck,

Gary