Who do I talk to to offer my services to cleanup foreclosed homes?

Asked by Shannon, Salem, OR Thu Jan 22, 2009

We are a local cleaning company hoping to branch out and begin cleaning foreclosed homes. I am not sure who to speak to the banks or the agents?

Answers

5
Margaret Osc…, Other Pro, Albany, GA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Great answer from Melina - additionally -- make sure you are licensed, insured and bonded before you start marketing to realtors! Their reputation is on the line when they contract with you, and they will want to know you are truly a professional that will enhance their business.
Cassandra Bl…, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Hi Shannon, I hope your foreclosure clean-up business is going well... have you reached out to realtors and REO managers? Have you tried COLD CALLING ...? It's an old fashioned tactic that really works. Multi-million dollar companies are built by picking up the telephone! Here's an article written about it to get you thinking and dialing. Use these tips to grow your foreclosure cleaning business in Salem.

Good luck to you!

Cassandra Black, Consultant/Author, CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
Cassandra Bl…, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
The real estate agents are really more accessible than the REO asset managers -- I AM a realtor and as the owner of a foreclosure cleanup business, I have contact with REO asset managers -- but contact both. Also, reach out to larger property preservation companies for work in your area. You can sign up as a vendor with most of them online.

Cassandra Black, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC, Atlanta, GA
Melissa Large, , Salem, OR
Mon Jul 6, 2009
I would start with Agents who do a lot of foreclosure work for banks. Not every Real Estate Agent works with Banks.
Melina Tomson, Agent, Salem, OR
Thu Jan 22, 2009
You should speak to the agents. Typically the agents are hired and pay for the "trash outs" out of their own pocket.
Web Reference:  http://www.TomsonBurnham.com