Where is the new money / young professional buying in Tampa? Where are Artists & Musicians Buying?

Asked by Nathan Cox, High Growth, U.S.A. Sat Jul 7, 2007

I am currently searching for a fixer upper in the Tampa vicinity but would like to know where the 20 something young professionals are buying. Where are the Artists and Musicians / Liberal Culture of Tampa purchasing properties? Where is the opportunity for turnaround prevalent? Thanks!

Answers

4
Darin J. Dug…, , Saint Petersburg, FL
Tue Jul 10, 2007
Ybor, South Tampa and Channel Side seem to be a couple areas. There is plenty of night life, liberal culture and has some potentials, if you know what you are looking for in a home. There is a lot of inventory so you will have plenty of choices but do the research before making your final decision. I would recommend you refine all the things you are looking for in a community and their importance and then you will be able to narrow the search down. There are a number of pockets that will offer the turnaround you are looking for but know the area before commiting.
Katrina Made…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Dec 10, 2007
personally I would choose the channelside district, south tampa (including port tampa), downtown tampa, and parts of historic Ybor City.

Feel free to search the MLS on our site. It's free and open to the public.
Norma Newgent, , Tampa, Fla.
Mon Oct 22, 2007
Just about anywhere south of Kennedy. Hyde Park, Channelside. There is plenty to choose from, but as a Realtor, I would never "steer" you anywhere. There is nightlife and fun all over the Bay area. Good luck!!!
Antonio, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Oct 1, 2007
I couldn't agree more with both answers, but I'd rather place myself in channel side, and find yourself right in between Ybor and Channel side District; where there a lot of movement, loft style houses and probably with some good amount of cash spot an investment bargain.
Also Howard ave above Kennedy is seeing some action....... contact me if you'd like and I'll show all foreclosure - fixer-up available or do it yourself on my site HotHomespot.com