Where can I get the best deal on buying a house near the beach on Florida's Gulf?

Asked by , Sat Jul 21, 2007

Answers

14
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Jul 28, 2007
Much of Florida is in a buyers market, so choose the area of Florida that you believe that you will enjoy best. Is this for a vacation home? Primary home? Inventory runs high in many communities creating much opportunity for negotiating the price.

Choose which communities fit your lifestyle. Then go shopping for the best deal there.

It is much more affordable on the panhandle as compared to further south. Define what you want in your "deal'. Paying top dollar in a more affordable community could be a deal for some, if it provided all you wanted and more. A deal might be a property that would sell for 700K today, that would have sold for 900K 18months ago.

Siesta Key and Longboat Key are long time favorites.
Vicki Masell…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
The definition of "Best Deal" can be highly subjective. Over the years, I have lived in several locations within FL as well as have spent many vacations across the entire state. Personally, my family and I love the Florida panhandle near Destin, Sand Destin, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Perdido Key and the like. We've noted a large increase in inventory over the past several months so the selection is good and you will most likely come across a few sellers willing to deal. Do not overlook Alabama's coast - there prices haven't sky-rocketed nearly as much as Florida's and the traffic/congestion is much lighter. The link below may offer some inspiration for your quest to find that right place in the sun.
Lydia Scherck, , Pensacola, FL
Mon Jul 23, 2007
Florida Panhandle is probably one of the most affordable areas. You can get a brand new home from a builder for way under $100 a square, after all the incentives are applied. Another example: custom built home on a lake for about $118 a square, almost new, 10 minutes from the beach (my listing). You can still get a pretty decent house for around $150-170K, smaller, older, but affordable. The main thing is: the time to buy is now! The next buyer's market like we have now might not happen for another 10-15 years.

I'll be more than happy to answer any question. My email is lscherck@jmerealty.com

Lydia Scherck, CIPS, CNS, TRC, Realtor
Coldwell Banker JME Realty
Brian and Di…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Jul 27, 2008
HI dimoore6
If you want walking distance, a short bike ride to the beach, on the beach or just a short car ride to the beach. There are different pros and cons and there not all purchase price. Check out insurance more expensive the closer you get as well as taxes are al little higher the closer you get to the water. Naples has one of the lowest tax rates in Fl. It also has the largest upside when the market returns. I would try short sales in the Naples Park area. Lots of short sales and close to the beach I also have some on Marco close to the beach and on the water. Check out my web site and search MLS
Web Reference:  http://www.caronhometam.com
Dane Hahn, , 34223
Sun Jul 27, 2008
If you walk into a trendy bar and ask that same question--Where can I get the best deal on buying a house near the beach on Florida's Gulf?--you will get free drinks all night long.

Or you can call me.

Dane Hahn
Englewood. F:
34223
Web Reference:  http://www.daneandsandra.com
Antaeus Bale…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Tue Jan 22, 2008
In these days of foreclosures, pre-foreclosure sales, and home auctions, there are deals to be had all over. This is a buyers market right now, but you still have to look carefully to gat the best deal. That is where a realtor can help the most. We have access to lots of information on all types of property, not to mention office “word-of-mouth” deals. As an example. Our company will be participating in a home auction in the beginning of March. The location is Sarasota, and there will be lot of properties at great prices to be auctioned off. The auction is by invitation only, so only serious buyers will be there. Your best bet is to pick an area you want to live, contact a realtor, and focus on that area. If you need additional information, or want to register for the auction, contact me at antaeusb@verizon.net.
Web Reference:  http://antaeusb.com
Ed Fernandez, Home Seller, Indian Shores, FL
Tue Jan 22, 2008
We have an exquisite group of homes in Indian Shores, Fl. 33785. These homes have great views of the Gulf, are Green Certified, Energy Star 5 Star Rated, and loaded with amenities. Take a look at :
http://www.colorkeycabanahomes.com you wont be disappointed.
Durenda Fach…, , Coastal Tampa Bay area. Pinellas and Pasco Counties.
Sun Jan 20, 2008
dmoore

What is your price range?

There are many miles of good beaches along the Gulf. Different areas command different prices.
And within those areas there are some very good finds.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Jan 20, 2008
Don't overlook the Venice / Sarasota /Englewood areas. This area oozes quality of living and there are plenty of GREAT deals out there as well. Check out our website for a direct link to the area MLS and go exploring...Enjoy!
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2007
Fort Myers Beach is certainly one of these spots. You can a get a house about 3 mn walk to the beach under $450,000.The lowest price is $339,000. The Island is only 1/2 mile to 3/4 wide at most so you are never far from the beach.If you want closer then 2 mn to the beach then you have to spend over $450,000.It all depends on the square footage and size of the lot. I would be glad to send you more information.A best deal also means that the area offers a certain quality of life, good schools, low crimes, good restaurants et...Clearwater would be the other.
Brian and Di…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Best place for value and water front living would be Naples, Marco Island,Bonita and Ft Myers Beach. Great deals and unbelievable prices if you want to dig in and look . Homes from $500,000 to condos from 250,000 Good luck
Web Reference:  http://CaronHomeTeam.com
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Sat Jul 28, 2007
Oh, how to answer this question without being accused of shameful self promotion? I suppose by simply being succinct: check out Cedar Key, Fl, zip 32625. Best of luck, and happy hunting!
Leonie Okker…, Agent, Navarre, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2007
Well, how would you like to define "near the beach"? The lowest priced single family home ON the beach (Gulf) is a 1416 sqft home in Destin (3BR/2BA), offered for $775,000. But there are lower priced homes available with Gulf view or homes at the Sound which in most of the cases separates the mainland from the beach islands here in North West Florida. But a townhouse might be a good choice, too - like the one I've listed in a Bay front subdivision with 4BR, 3.5BA, 1854 sqft, a private boatslip, 3 min to golf course ... for $189,000.

Please, let me know if you have more questions or I can assist you in any way. My e-mail address is lwithers@jmerealty.com.

Have a nice weekend,

Leonie Withers
Coldwell Banker JME Realty
(850) 240-7838 cell/business
(850) 939-5232
Dennis Boyle, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon Jul 23, 2007
There are great deals in the Venice, Englewood, Port Charlotte area. Prices are down substantially from their highs, plenty of inventory, and anxious sellers. It is a great time to be a buyer! The beaches are pristine. How close to the beach is important. Within walking, biking or maybe a 1/2 hour drive? Within a 1/2 hour of Venice beaches is North Port. Great schools and unbelievable value in newer construction homes. Fine tune your requirements a little and a realtor can email you some listings that meet your criteria. Let me know if I can help.