Where can I get listsment tax foreclosurers?

Asked by Bruce, L.A. Calif. Wed May 21, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Richelle Briasco’s answer
Richelle Bri…, , Simi Valley, CA
Wed Aug 26, 2009
If you mean that you are interested in buying homes that are being sold for the the past taxes due. Each state and then some counties have different rules. California, you can go to the County Tax Assessors website and they will list the procedure and location of auctions in their county. In Texas, the procedure is much easier. They sell properties much more quickly than California. Check the County Tax Assessor website or call them to find out what the procedure is for that specific county. Best of luck, be persistent.
0 votes
David Chiles, Other Pro, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Thank you for your question about tax lien foreclosure properties.

If you are looking for a possible investment I recommend using RealtyTrac.

Please be advised that I rarely recommend using RealtyTrac, however, the information they provide is necessary to 'level the playing field' because professional investors have saturated the auction market.

Based on my education and experience it is very hard to 'get a good deal' at an auction because professional investors know what to bid and when to stop bidding.

RealtyTrac provides loan and lien information on prospective properties. Loan information helpful because you still have to clear the loans. Furthermore, there database can show you comprable properties in the area that have outstanding liens.

If you do decide to sign up for RealtyTrac please do not forget to cancel when your free trial ends or when you find a property because they will continue to charge your account.
0 votes
Larry Brown, , Agoura Hills, CA
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Mug a banker, they deserve it.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more