Where can I find an agent in Oakland specializing in foreclosures?

Asked by Annie, Oakland, CA Sun May 13, 2012

Answers

4
Ernest Villa…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
Annie,

What do you mean by specializing? That that's all they do? Then you want the listing office/agent. When you see a foreclosed house online or otherwise, call the number they provide.

Or use a buying agent with foreclosure experience. (Most agents in the business the last few years have such experience.)

Find someone near where you want to buy; someone you trust and like.

Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, 3320 Grand Ave. Oakland CA 94610, (510) 418-9443.
Antoine Pirs…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
Allow me to perhaps clarify the question.
If you want to buy a foreclosure, you will have to go to the courthouse. Be ready to pay all cash.If you want to buy a house that was foreclosed upon and now listed by a bank ( REO), then any Realtor can actually assist you with that. Use one that has at least a couple of years experience, and is familiar with the area. Also, if it is an REO, ask the agent if they have some experiences in rehabbing, as it is often necessary to make the place habitable.
A
Stacy Einsid…, , Oakland, CA
Sun May 13, 2012
Hi Annie,

I have specialized in Oakland real estate for the past 10 years. I did not intentionally choose to specialize in REO's though, it is very hard to avoid them in this market. The vast majority of homes I have sold in the past two years have been either REO's or Short Sales. There is a significant difference between an agent who represent banks in the sale of an REO and an agent who represents the buyer. It is probably most accurate to describe an REO listing agent as a specialist. The REO listing agents I know usually stick with listings versus representing buyers as they are very busy with their REO business. Though, assisting a buyer in the purchase of an REO is very similar to assisting a buyer in a non REO purchase. It certainly helps to employ an agent who has had experience in assisting buyers with REO purchases as there are nuances to the process which if not understood could result in the buyer losing out on the home, as the banks are not known for giving graces when mistakes in writing an offer have been made. Feel free to call me, hopefully I can answer all of your questions and perhaps assist you in your real estate endeavors.

High Regards,
Stacy Einsidler
J. Rockcliff Realtors
510.339.4807 Office Direct & Cell Forward
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun May 13, 2012
Highly recommended;
Mike Rowland
Windermere Rowland Realty
510-222-9150
mikerowland@windermere.com

Good luck and may God bless