Foreclosure in Syracuse>Question Details

Rompco, Home Owner in Syracuse, NY

When my home goes into forecloser-can the mortage company go after my bank acct. and the smaller affordable home I just financed.

Asked by Rompco, Syracuse, NY Mon Dec 5, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I understand that using an Attorney, in New York, is "de rigueur".
This would be one of those times:
New York is one of those "RECOURSE" States where the Banks can seek a DEFICIENCY JUDGEMENT.

This is a legal question, and we avoid trying to answer legal questions.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
This is a question better handle my attorney in your state and preferably your town or city but generally in a foreclosure thanks can come after you for the deficiency if the foreclosure proceedings for foreclosure decision by the judge allows therefore I would like to not walk to an attorney who specializes in foreclosures and bankruptcies.

Marco Gomez
NY state Associate Broker
Keller Williams Landmark II
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
As Ron already suggested below--In order to best protect yourself do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand, he/she can best advise...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer