When a house is being foreclosed on do the people currently living there have a certain amount of time to?

Asked by Meghan And Alex, 03064 Mon Jun 23, 2008

move out? Some one told me that if the people refuse to move out(after their house is sold) that the people buying it would have to evict them. Is this true???

Answers

3
Hillbilly5, Home Seller, Kyana, IN
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Its funny, I put in google. How can I get some help I've being forclosed on and we want to keep our home and chase we found out has scammed us we had perfect credit made all our pymts on time and my husband got laid off his job for 10 months he finally went back to work but now the damage is done we did all we were told to do. But when you get on the internet all you find is blogs like this. This is whats wrong with america everyone worries only about themselves. When you get in a public position you are suppose to worry about others. I would never tear up my home but I do want to keep my home I have three kids to worry about and I just had back surgery Can ANYONE HELP THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ON KEEP THEIR HOMES. WE DON'T HAVE BIG MONEY TO HIRE A LAWYER. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THE LITTLE PEOPLE. WE ARE THE ONES THAT KEEP AMERICA RUNNING.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Jul 30, 2008
Although this question is not current it is one of the most asked to me. By answering it hopfully i can heklp out anyone else considering buying a home at auction. Basically when you purchase a home at auction we all know it is as is. However if the former home owner, now the foreclosed homeowner is still in there, and you are the new buyer, you close on the house and they are still in there, the become your nightmare. You have to get them out, and you will face face the wrath when they do move out and damage the house beyond belief. Your best bet is at auction to ask if the bank will close upon removal of the occupant not before. I do not recommend anyone buy a property with existing people in it at auction. It will cost you time, money and aggravation. Your other choice is to try to talk the people before the auction, find out their intenet, offer them some money, get a signed aggreement otherwise let the bank take it, let the bank get them out and then bid on what condition they leave it on rather than facing an unknown. I sell alot of bank owned houses and can share my stories to assist you, feel free to contact me.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
hi i have a question i am a landlord the people living in the house wont pay rent and the house is in preforeclosure what are my options do I let the bank foreclose or do I try to get them out and try to sell the house before the foreclosure. thanks Jackie my email is Jacqueline365@hotmail.com
Flag Sat Feb 28, 2015
Frank Warner, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jun 23, 2008
Most of the time the bank does want them out...they can even offer "cash for keys" sometimes. Depending how far along in the process the forclosure is can make a differance. If you plan on buying a home at auction just make sure you do your homework ahead if time! If your looking for bank owned homes I can help also. Call or email frank@frankwarner.com or 867-6198