What is the market like in Louisville, KY for low cost government tax foreclosures, and where can is the best?

Asked by Caroline, Buffalo, NY Sun Mar 9, 2008

What is the market like in Louisville, KY for low cost government tax foreclosures, and where can is the best place to find information on what is available and at what costs?

Answers

7
Scorpio, Home Seller, Louisville, KY
Mon Mar 1, 2010
There are very few tax lien foreclosures in Louisville. You can get a free and complete list from Jefferson County Circuit Court Commissioners' Office in Louisville, KY. Web site is http://www.jcomm.org/. Site has amount owed, location, mortgagee, mortgage holder, and appraisals. Housing prices in Louisville are being propped up because mortgage holders are withdrawing or buying back virtually all desireable properties that end up in foreclosure. There will be a day of reckoning and prices will drop, but it may take a while.
Kevin Griess…, , Louisville, KY
Wed Jul 30, 2008
The foreclosure market in Louisville is quite vast (125 properties are scheduled for the county foreclosure auction every other week - currently scheduled through mid-October). I am curious why the specific interest in governement tax foreclosures. Most of these are mortgage companies, but there are occasionally properties sold due to tax liens. Feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss the foreclosure market here in greater detail.

Kevin Griesser
Buyers' Agent
Elk Creek Realty
502-477-6561
kevin@elkcreekrealty.com
Larry Reaves, , 40222
Thu Mar 13, 2008
There isn't really one source for that type of information.

There is lots of inventory in Louisville so the selection is very good regardless of your interest in investment properties or homes to occupy.

The best answer I can give is to suggest that you create a relationship with a Realtor who can get a full understanding of your goals. They not only have access to the multiple listing service they also have professional and personal networks that can expose other opportunities.

The Louisville market has retained positive home price appreciation so the deep discounts that investors may be seeking aren't realistic here. The modest growth in the Louisville market over the years has kept from being expoeriencing large swings in home prices.

You will also find that home prices in Louisville are very reasonable when compared to other cities of similar size.
Heidi Fore, , Louisville, KY
Tue Mar 11, 2008
Hi Caroline, I'm a real estate agent in the Louisville area, and I've found this website has lots of homes for sale in the Louisville Kentucky area: http://www.ocwen.com/reo/residential/res_reofindbystate.cfm?…

Two of my past clients bought HUD houses in Louisville that were on this site. Best wishes in your home search! - Heidi Fore, Keller Williams Realty Louisville East
Web Reference:  http://www.heidifore.com
Jamie Morgan, , Frankfort, KY
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Happy to help! If you don't mind, email me at jj859@fewpb.net and I'll send you her contact information.
Caroline, , Buffalo, NY
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Your response is greatly appreciated, as is your offer of information. At the moment, I am specifically looking in the Louisville, KY area, for personal reasons. At a later time, I may find a need for information in the Frankfort area, and will definitely keep you offer in mind. If it is not too much bother to provide the reference you speak of, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your time.
Jamie Morgan, , Frankfort, KY
Sun Mar 9, 2008
If you would consider Frankfort which is about 45 minutes from Louisville, I'd be glad to send some information. If not, I can refer you to a realtor in Louisville. A realtor can let you know specifics about what is available in their market. In Frankfort, for example there are currently a lot of bank owned properties for sale. You can find HUD repos across the state on http://www.pyramidrealestate.com. Again a realtor can help you through that process!