We are 4 days from eviction of our apt. w/ no confirmed closing date due to sellers delay. Closing addendum date has passed. What is the best advice?

Asked by First Timer, 30316 Mon Jan 30, 2012

Answers

7
, ,
Mon Mar 5, 2012
I hope you are paying cash for the house you are buying. We do a soft pull on credit the day before closing to make sure nothing has happened like an eviction. Good luck,
Jude Rasmus, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Are you the buyer and the occupant? If the seller is the reason for the delay you should not be penalized. I don't understand the whole scenario but likely can offer you advice if you want to call. We have a lot of properties with evictions in place but few that have contracts on them too.
Let me know if we can help talk you through it.
Jude Rasmus
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Always have a back-up plan from the beginning....I would see if you can pay your current landlord byt the day until you have to move...

Chris
Tyler Willis, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Jan 30, 2012
Do you know if the buyer is purchasing the home as an investment? If so chances are they would like you to say. As far as the legalities of your eviction it is best to speak with a lawyer. Other than that speak with your landlord and ask if he could speak with the buyer about placing you on a month to month lease until you find your first home. Any questions feel free to give me a shout. Would be happy to help.

Tyler Willis
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
(678)656-5524
First Timer, , 30316
Mon Jan 30, 2012
I should clarify- we are not being legally evicted. Our lease will end - sry not enough charct.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jan 30, 2012
You need to spoeak with your agent for assistance, if you are buying without a buyer agent, then you need to ask the listing agent what the problem is, what is the solution to it and how long it will take. you can then ask the seller if they will rent to you until you can close.

As far as your eviction it will depend if you were just served, or if you have gone before a judge. You may want to get legal advice as tio your rights for teh eviction and if the seller is out of contract
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Mon Jan 30, 2012
First: do the buyers want you out? Maybe they want tenants. The eviction would be coming from the seller side and they could be doing that sort of pro forma.

Second, if the answer to that is "yes" find out when they want you out. My guess is that they want to keep the rent flowing as long as possible and, for insurance reasons, want to keep someone in there until right up to the closing. So you need to find out when it will close and plan accordingly.

But if you find a good rental, grab it - unless they want you to stay on of course.