Trustee sale happened while under hafa review for deed in lieu..What can my parents do..I their Daughter Live In the Home W/kids

Asked by Mari, Elk Grove, CA Wed Sep 5, 2012

Hi my parents home in Sacramento County,California was sold at a trustee sale 8/31/12..while under review for hafa deed in lieu with Wachovia..They have never received a denial or any paper work from wachovia since they sent in the Hafa package..Each time they call Wachovia..they would tell them it's in process..then without further notice..from first scheduled auction in Februry 2012..They Sold The House To A 3rd party..they have delivered the 3 day notice..I Their Daughter, husband and children live in home..How Long Do We Have To Vacate..what if anything can be done? Thank You.*

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Wed Sep 5, 2012
Please know I am not a lawyer and you really should speak to one. That said, please give me a call 916-284-9788 to discuss what I believe your options may be......
0 votes
Hi Brenda..Thank You For Your response..I Truly Appreciate You..I Will Call..Talk To You Soon.*
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Brad Meyer, , California
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Hi, i am sorry you and your family are caught in this mess that so many people find themselves in.
I suggest that you contact the person listed on the three day notice and inform them you would like to stay in the home and pay a fair rental amount. You can also reply to the three day and request a court date. this may get you some more time but at some point you will have to move or make a deal wiht the new owner to rent the property.
If I can be of any further help please contact me through this web site.
Brad Meyer
The go to guy.
DRE # 01206508
0 votes
Hi Thank You Brad..I Appreciate You And Will Contact You If I Need Further Assistance..Have A Great day.*
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Keisha Mathe…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Hi Mari

That is so unfortunate.

I would first contact the Homeowner’s HOPE™ Hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) and explain the matter to see if you can get some assistance.

Once the property has been foreclosed, you must vacate. There is no guarantee that you will receive cash for keys or an opportunity to rent the property back. You'd be taking your chances.

If you cannot rectify the matter through the means above, also try a real estate attorney. I recommend:

Steve Beede
BPE Law Group, Inc.
Main: 11140 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 300,
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Satellite: 9245 Laguna Springs Dr., Suite 200,
Elk Grove, CA 95758
(Appointment Only) (916) 966-2260

Hope that helps.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"The Short Sale Lady"
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
lic#: 01439130
0 votes
My pleasure.
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Hi Keisha..Thank You Very Much For Your Response..I Truly Appreciate You And Will Pass The Information To My Parents..Have A Beautiful Day.*
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more