There is a house that WAS listed with a local agent. They handle foreclosures, which is what this house is.

Asked by Peekaboo, Alabama Wed Jun 3, 2009

Their 3 month contract ran out at the time we put in an offer and they do not know where the house is now. That was over a month ago and the house is in limbo we are told. Any idea what is going on? The mortgage company has Res.net handling it but I was told the house is in a Hold status. Seems like a long time. Could it be sitting on someone's desk?

Answers

6
Gladys Webb, , Alabama
Sat Mar 20, 2010
What I have experienced where title and septic issues etc could not complete inspection for some properties and some time you can look on auction web sites they may be listed this way now. It could be a number of reasons, even sitting on a desk.
try the site below
Web Reference:  http://www.dseay.com
Mehalena, , Sarasota, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Contact Dan, Brenda, or Don Copeland with Keller Williams Realty in Huntsville. Tell them Michele Hodges recommended them. I'm an agent with Keller in Sarasota, Fl
Melissa Stol…, , Hampton Cove, AL
Tue Jun 23, 2009
i encountered a very similar situation myself several months ago. In that case, I inherited a listing from an agent who left our office, so as the broker, the listing stayed & transferred to me. Within days of the original listing agent leaving, we received an offer. When I tried to submit the offer to the person on our listing agreement (whom I'd never met or spoken to), I was told that their company/bank didn't own or have any record of the listing. Long story short, no one knew anything about the house and the offer sat unanswered for weeks before the buyer walked away and purchased a different less complicated property. Sometimes the prospect of savings, isn't nearly worth the headache and effort to get you there.

Hope you have better luck with this one!
blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Wed Jun 3, 2009
that's what everybody is saying but the bank is still not releasing the houses on the market except few houses here and there , not sure there might be some conditions on that moratorium to fulfill before they release for public. I checked it today with one of the asset manager and they mentioned it may be somewhere next month but you never know when they are actually planning.
Peekaboo, Home Buyer, Alabama
Wed Jun 3, 2009
But didn't the moratorium end in March?
blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Wed Jun 3, 2009
Due to foreclosure moratorium, most of the foreclosed houses are on hold, so may be that's why it's not on the market, but it will come back again in couple of months and most probably with a different agent. You can also check directly with the bank who holds that property and may be they can give you more input on when it will be avaialable.