Asked by Investor, Marietta, SC • Wed Feb 27, 2013
I had been watching a property and had spoken once with a local agent. A property I was interested in was suddenly reduced and the listing agent worked in same office as a friend. My friend had the listing agent call and we decided to put in an offer the same day. An hour later, I received a call from the prior agent (different agency than listing) saying listing agent (acting as my dual agent) called to let them know an offer was pending. She waited to send my contract until she received the opposing offer and acted as if she was being helpful by changing my unsigned contract to raise my offer above the other buyer (a client of the prior agency) while fully aware of the bank policy to solicit best and final in a multiple offer situation.
By disclosing my pending offer to an outside party to create a multiple offer, she forced me to raise my bid. Shouldn't she have a fiduciary duty to me or decline dual representation if she was going to solicit offers from other agents with bid?
Real Estate in Travelers Rest
Popular Categories in 29690
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!