The house my mom lives in is in pre-forclosure and I would like to purchase it. How can I do this?

Asked by Geneva, Brooklyn, AL Thu Feb 17, 2011

The home is not in her name and the owner will not get back to me. Is there a way I can find out what the home is selling for without contacting the seller.

Answers

7
jo, , Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Feb 17, 2011
If the home is in Pre-Forc. then you will have to contact the owner of the property...If the owner will not get back to you, then you may not have any options. See if you can find an agent in your area who can help you contact the owner.

Nicholas
Michael Emery, , Minneapolis, MN
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Is the home listed for sale with a real estate agent? If there's a sign in the yard, call the listing agent. If it's not for sale, you would have to contact the owner.
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 18, 2011
Your best bet is to find an experienced real estate agent in the area who can connect with the seller and help you with purchasing the home.

I hope this answer helped you.
Web Reference:  http://www.RhondaHolt.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri Feb 18, 2011
Contact the listing agent if the home has a Realtor

If NO not much you can do

Are you qualified for a loan? First step take place for any professional take you offer serious

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Feb 18, 2011
If the property is listed with an agent contact him/her, otherwise your Mom should consider contacting the owner on your behalf.
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Fri Feb 18, 2011
If I knew the address, I might be able to find out more about it - to see whether it might be listed as a short sale possibly. Otherwise, you may want to check local papers to see if and when there is a foreclosure sale. Once it's foreclosed on, it will probably go on the market and may be cheaper after that. If you'd like some assistance, please feel free to contact me. Good luck.

Ralph Windschuh
Associate Broker
Certified Buyer Representative
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu Feb 17, 2011
How do you know the house is in pre-foreclosure? Is the house listed for sale? Then contact the listing agent or have your own realtor find out for you. The owner may have been advised by his/her own agent to let the agent handle inquiries like yours.