The bank postponed our sale date on the Friday prior to the auction/sale on the courthouse steps in California. The questions: Do they have to give me

Asked by brianmacusa, San Diego, CA Sun Sep 23, 2012

Answers

4
Moni Dabbagh, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Have you tried to contact the trustee to find out why it has been postponed, and if they have scheduled a new date? I work for an attorney's office who specializes in real estate. Please feel free to call me if you need help.
Moni
714-624-9663
Mahesh Patel, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2012
There are a a lot scenarios here.. As your questionis not complete...and not sure if your house was for sale on a short sale or not etc..
Be glad to help with a bit more info.
Thanks.
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2012
i think you're going to ask, "Do they have to give me notice to move out"? Or something to that tune.

You knew when the auction date was, that's you're notice. The bank has to publish in a newspaper for 3wks the date of your auction, that is your notice.

Why are you letting it get this far? Why don't you just call me & I can handle a short sale for you, this will buy you more time in the home & you could probably be there through the holidays. They're not going to give you a loan modification, if they were going to do that, they WOULD NOT BE POSTING AUCTION DATES.

Shoot me an email directly if you would like to talk about this further. I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2012
I presume that you mean that your Bank posponed the Trustee Sale?

And your question; "do they have to give me...."

NO, the Bank doesn't HAVE to give you anything; they are omnipotent.
They could have postponed it because of something YOU did.
Or they could have postponed it because they wanted to.