Sheriff's Deed on mortgage sale

Asked by Paul, Michigan Sat Jun 13, 2009

If a house goes into foreclosure and a Sheriff's Deed on mortgage sale was issued (May 2009). I understand the ordinal owner has 6 months for redemption or the redemption period shall be 30 days from sale if determined the property is abandoned. I am not sure if anyone lives in property.
How can can tell if the owner of the Sheriff's Deed is going to exorcises the 30 day abandonment clause?

Answers

2
Bob McClure, Other Pro, Walled Lake, MI
Sun Jun 14, 2009
good morning paul.....first of all.....most lenders now have collateral managers that scout neighborhoods to see if their properties they have foreclosed on have been abandoned, broken into, etc, etc.....also, the lender(investor) that purchased the mortgage at the foreclosure sale must be the entity to file the abandonemnt affidavit.......then the redemption ends thirty days from the date the abandonment affidavit is recorded......it doesn't automatically shorten just by being vacated...i hope that helps........bob mcclure- success mortgage partners- plymouth, michigan........
Cicely Brook…, , Birmingham, MI
Sat Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure you can. To determine if a property is abandoned, a registered letter is sent to the address with a 15 (14?) notice to verify home is not abandoned. I'm just guessing, but probably no letter is sent unless the bank gets some info that house is abandoned and they are not overwhelmed with a million other foreclosures..