Seek Oceanfront/Unobstructable View Home in CA - Insanely Reduced/Cheap. Can I finally afford my dream view?

Asked by Ladinla, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jul 9, 2009

I have longed for oceanfront or beachfront (or unobstructable oceanview with beach access) anywhere along the California Coast (I'm in SCal) but haven't been able to afford it. Does anyone know of a property (or an area) that has come down a lot? I don't care if it's a shack; I just want a roof over my head and a view of the waves. Any thoughts? I'm in the $100-350,000 category. Thanks!!

Answers

5
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Do you have Cash or a large down payment?

It is actually possibly to be in a cool beach city for the price range you mentioned. However it's not "single family", not a condo either. Although it's not an ocean view, it's better than a shack. I have 2 properties in Old Town Seal Beach, 1 for $175K & the other for close to $300K (we're still ironing out that price).

They are both what Seal Beach considers to be the "affordable housing" area. They're manufactured homes, but look very very nice (not like what you would normally expect). Owners are currently paying a space rent, however the land is currently being sold to another corporation & the attorneys are working to make it so all of the owners "share" the land ownership, kind of like a Co-op.

It's absolutely THE lowest prices to own/live within just 2 blocks from the ocean in Southern California.

If you would like more information, just send me an email.

Other than this community, you'd probably be in a condo, ocean view is probably impossible, but close to the beach plausible.

emilyknell1@yahoo.com
Alexandra Pa…, Agent, Montebello, CA
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Ladinla,

That price range is a bit to low for the ocean front view you desire.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Dear Ladinla,

Have you considered, south of the border..?
Neal Grusky, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Call me i have the answer for you. I know the coastline very well

"NEAL KNOWS LOS ANGELES AREA REAL ESTATE"

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 394-1533
Andrew Jones, Agent, Venice Beach, CA
Thu Jul 23, 2009
I've found a couple of options that may be just what you're looking for. Click on the photo for my personal and contact information, or go to my website. I hope to hear from you soon.