Resale values in The Timbers, Spirit Ridge, Diamond Ridge and Puma Ridge Colorado?

Asked by John, Colorado Thu Oct 25, 2007

I'm looking for houses in these specific areas of Parker and Castle Rock, Colorado and want to get an idea of which areas offer better resale value and potential to sell easily. Many houses in these areas have been on the market for a year; and many foreclosures. It's pretty depressing. I know things will bounce back, I'd just like some facts and opinions on which has the potential to be the best value and why.

Answers

7
Sarah Solomon, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Biggest issue with Diamond Ridge is Golden Design... and the Power Lines!

Values in my opinion are destroyed in Diamond Ridge due to the infamous Golden Design Home. I sold one there in January at Auction for 400k- orginal list was 799k, no perception of value in the long run for most home buyers- just because they sold for over a mil doesn't mean they were ever worth it or that one will double their value in five years- because they were purchased by investors who committed loan fraud.

Pradera, now that is a place to buy! 1 Acre Lots Available on the Golf Course! There are deal huge deals there right now! Builder Short Sale- Never Lived in 799k and a New Lovely REO on the Green 685k!! Love the Timbers- if you want to be removed from the crowd 699k for a current active REO. Spirit Ridge- Sold an Amazing property there in 08' - gorgeous home- buyer & lender fraud was the cause of the foreclosure. Have to say I didn't like seeing the Track Homes from the Front Door- not something you would expect to see in a custom community- bad entrance into the community. Sold the property for 720k- high perception of value, it was sold within 30 days. Custom home- truly!

In this market- I would go after something with land- just not Golden Design.

Hope this helps visit my website for REO/Foreclosures Only!

Cheers!

Sarah Solomon
The Lawton Group
sarah.solomon@coloradohomes.com
P, , 80108
Mon Mar 2, 2009
To the person who says about Diamond Ridge "It is not asthetically pleasing. " each to his own. I looked there and wish I could have afforded it. Stunning open views.

I the fact that Diamond Ridge has few homes all on acre + lots and an 80 acre nature reserve in the middle.

Much of Timber Ridge is huge houses on relatively small lots. Nice if you like your neighbors and don't like gardening. Not me.
Hilda Vermil…, , Denver, CO
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Definitely the Timbers. TImber Ridge Construction is the standard by which other builders should be judged in my opinion and the views out there are priceless. I don't live in the Timbers, but my husband wants to build out there at some point. The people involved in the financial side of things out there are rock solid and in my opinion will never let things slip down the slippery slope of decay. People want to live in Parker. Castle Rock is a bit too far out there when weather is horrible. The Parker crowd love those schools too. They have nicknamed them the "public private" school system.
Tom, , The Timbers of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Dec 4, 2007
The correct URL for Timbers at the Pinery
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Thu Nov 1, 2007
I would go for the Castle rock area. I have many buyers that I work with and work all of Douglas County hard. The Timbers is way down the road on Parker Road. In a few years it may be a good place to live. It is far out if you have to drive to Denver. It is very nice thre. I have a client that I will be listing his home in the Timbers because of the long drive.
Web Reference:  http://kennaandco.com
Docco, , Parker, CO
Fri Oct 26, 2007
I live in Parker. I would suggest The Timbers (former parade of homes site). There is acreage, trees, access to parker, open space and great schools. Spirit Ridge (formerly Spirit Gulch and a parade of homes site) has the best views.
Views and open space tend to help sell homes in this area. I would not live in Diamond Ridge. It is not asthetically pleasing.
Parker values have been increasing lately. Get on board. I expect growth over the next couple of years.
Web Reference:  http://www.timbers.com
Kurt Thomas, , 81501
Thu Oct 25, 2007
I work mainly on the Western slope but becuase nobody has answered yet I will chime in.
It is obviously you are looking to gain max appreciation once the market turns around. How long do you plan on holding the real estate before selling? Are you planning on renting the homes out? I suggest speaking with a property manager in the areas to find out how the rental market is as well.
A great deal on a home can turn out not so great if you can not get it rented out or have to slash the rent to get an occupant.
I alwayse assume that if there are several homes on the market for sale for long periods of time the rental market will be depressed just as much as the R.E. market.
Web Reference:  http://www.loomisteamusa.com