Lindsay Stri…, Home Buyer in Tomball, TX

Purchasing a home in forclosure??

Asked by Lindsay Strickland, Tomball, TX Mon Mar 30, 2009

My husband and I are looking for a home in Tomball, TX and we have found several that we like, however they are in foreclosure. What is the process for purchasing a home like this? Who is the contact..etc...Thanks!

Answers

3
Donna Poole, , Houston, TX
Mon Mar 30, 2009
You can contact a realtor. I am one in the Tomball Magnolia area with Century 21 Hardee Team. My name is Donna Poole, my cell number is 281 734-4522. Have you had a chance to look at the properties? You will need to put in an offer along with a pre qualify letter. There are many requirements for most of them and they will submit the offer. I really depends on what the status is on the property each one is different. So if you like give me a call and I can contact the realtor that has it see what the specifications are. Thank you for the question. Let me know if you need any further help.
Jim Mcninch, , Houston, TX
Mon Mar 30, 2009
If the homes have been foreclosed on, they are either an REO (purchased by the Lender and put up for sale) or purchased by an investor at auction to be used as a rental or resold.

If you have seen these homes - not sure where you found them - they should either be listed by a realtor the lender has selected to sell these homes or by the investor.

I would start by going to the MLS at http://www.har.com and looking up the addresses to see if they are listed.

I live in Spring TX and specialize in pre-foreclosure properties. If you cant find the listing agent, give me a call at 832-330-4588. Our realtors will make sure the selling lender gives you a fair deal.
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Mon Mar 30, 2009
Lindsay
Are the homes already foreclosed on or are they ready to be foreclosed on.
I work with the sellers on short sales if they are about to be foreclosed on, if they already have been foreclosed on a Realtor will be assigned to list them and you will want your own to represent you.
You will need one that is used to working with foreclosures and short sales.
I have a section on that on my web site.
Margaret