If I was you, I would be talking directly to your landlord's real estate agent and get regular updates. An accepted offer can (but not always) delay the sale, but there are a lot of variables including the amount of the offer and the capability of the short sale negotiator. You want to know what the terms of the offer are as they relate to you. Is this an investor offer or a family who plans to move in?
You also might consider negotiating with your landlord on the rent side. If you walk, your landlord has a bit of a problem unless your place is super nice and move-in ready. A vacant house is not a good thing for a landlord - you are an asset. The question becomes why should you pay rent if they aren't paying the mortgage? You can leverage your value by talking to them about a reduced rate for the value of your tenancy. I let a tenant stay 10 months free just so my listing wasn't vacant and so it would be taken care of. It worked nicely and I didn't have to deal with squatters. The bank wanted to know if my seller was collecting rent anyways, and guess what, the bank would have taken it if we were collecting rent.
Bottom line, do things on your terms. In other words, if you can't get a discount on rent - your future is clear, you are moving out sooner rather than later. Don't wait - start looking now and get a new place when you aren't in a pinch to do so.
If you contact me directly, I am happy to keep tabs on the bank sale dates and let you know when I see extensions being granted. Either way, if it does sell on the 25th, you are not kicked out. You still have your rights as a tenant and as Jim said on your other thread, you may be able to negotiate some cash from the bank to move sooner rather than later - but again, moving in your time on your terms is the more prudent approach.
CA DRE 01775528