Our house goes to auction tomorrow morning. What can we do to save the house?

Asked by Peakreig, Hyattsville, MD Thu Sep 19, 2013

Answers

11
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Try contacting a (bankruptcy) attorney, filing for bankruptcy usually postpones the trustee sale.
You might also want to call NACA http://(www.naca.com) they may be able to help you.

Michele Wils…, Agent, Lake Forest, IL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Most likely the time to "do something" has long passed. Why did you wait so long to try to keep your home?? You are most certain to lose it at this point.
JR Thrasher, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Nothing, you waited to long. You should have done something months ago.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Jaime Becker, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
I'm not sure you can do anything at this point. Maybe a few weeks ago or more would have been better to take action. Any type of review with the banks usually take a minimum of 30 days and up. Sorry we are not able to help you.
Randy Stoker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Tue Feb 17, 2015
It appears the time to save your house is long past, you should have taken action months ago. Maybe a real estate attorney can do something for you, but then you only have hours before the actual auction deadline.
Eddie Martini, Agent, Auburn, WA
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Very sorry to hear this news. The majority of our country has got back on its feet so now you no longer hear on the news that there as still Short sales/Foreclosures occurring but they are very day.
You have some great replies below if anything helped you that you can share back here to help future home owners in your similar situation we would like to know how this ended up working out.
Harry Schaed…, , Sacramento, CA
Fri Nov 8, 2013
You can buy it at auction. The time to take action on problems with a house is when you first have a problem Last minute actions often cost you money and have no effect on stopping the auction. I have been a Broker assigned to sell foreclosures and I cannot tell you the number of homes I have knocked on the door to contact the owner who was foreclosed on to be told my attorney who I paid $5000 last week said no problem, or my realtor who sold me the home said I could live her for at least a year after stopping making payments.
Or the best one I heard is from a HOA manager who had an owner who had not made hoa payments for a long time and had paid cash for the property say that the HOA cannot foreclose on my home becouse I paid cash for it. Unfortunatley for the owners the property was auctioned at courthouse steps the auction buyer removed all furniture and personal items and sent them to the dump remodeled then sold the property.

So to recap any lienholder against your property can foreclose on your property. So do not disregard notices of default even if you are currently paying your loan sometimes they make mistakes and foreclose in error. Contact an attorney immediatly if you have any questions or recieve any notices stating you are being foreclosed on.
, ,
Thu Oct 24, 2013
File Chapter 13. But before you do make sure that you are not too late. In most states you would not be too late. But you have to get it today.
Rahsaan Lee, , Davie, FL
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Most like the it would be too late to do anything about this.
Grounded. Re…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
It's important for people to realize that Realtors are here to help every step of the way. When you know you can no longer make your payments contact your attorney and contact a Realtor. We do more than just help people buy and sell homes. While we cannot offer legal advice, we can present you with options to consider and inform you about the processes of foreclosure or short sales.
Nancy Bergman, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
At this point, it is probably too late. Even if we had a cash buyer, we would have to submit it to the bank and hope that it wouldn't sell on the courthouse steps.
At this point, I would start to cut your loses and begin finding a rental home.
Nancy
Thank you for your time.
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013