Kevin, Home Buyer in Macomb County, MI

Need to find a good landlord. Currently in RTO home. Landlord didn't use rent to pay mortgage,now in

Asked by Kevin, Macomb County, MI Mon Jan 21, 2008

foreclosure so our family of 9 must move. Does anyone know how to find a landlord in Roseville,St Clair Shores area willing to take a chance on a big family. We face homelessness in a month or so. Or credit isn't good so we can't get a mortgage at this time. We are told to wait another year. That was our plan with the RTO. We don't even know if we can get our option money back from this guy. Need rent in the 800 to 900 range. Any suggestions as to where we should start.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Richard, Both Buyer And Seller, Florida
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm in florida, a multi-prop owner and i've heard your story often. I'll try to offer help in this way as I'm pretty far from St. Clair. Find out who the lender is, it should be on the 'evict notice' if you've recieved one, and let them know the situation. If you can prove the 'deposit money' as well as have records of your monthly rent payments they very may be willing to let you stay, the bank acting as landlord now. No bank, at this time, wants a vacant forclosed home.
My next is on any new rent to own you may venture into. As most people don't have the option to hand a landlord a contract on how they will 'rent to own' (what landlord, myself included, would accept a document from the tennant from the tennant's lawyer) I suggest if you do try this approach (rent to own) you do so under a 'contract for deed'. This note can, and should be, filed at your local county court house stipulating the purchase price, at what date the purchase will be exercised, and the conditions applicable.

Hope some of this rambling helps.
0 votes
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Mon Jan 21, 2008

If you are in a rent-to-own, you should have had your own an attorney review the purchase agreement and contract before you signed it. If you have a legal agreement, then your rights and money invested are protected and you would just contact that attorney. Hopefully, it wasn't the same attorney the property owner was using.

If you did not have your own attorney or agent overlooking the purchase agreement, then contact a real estate attorney and have them review the contract currently in place. If you need an attorney, just google "roseville real estate attorneys" or perhaps a Realtor from your area can provide a referral.

Frank Biganski, Realtor ABR
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more