Need help on what to do. My husbands mother owned a home in CA and pasted away two years ago she left the house to my sister in laws house is now goin

Asked by solidonefaulk, Vallejo, CA Thu Aug 15, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Your question is incomplete but somehow I see you may need to contact an attorney that handles situations like the one I believe you were going to expose.
0 votes
Simon Campbe…, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Fri Aug 16, 2013
If there was no will then the property will be held in probate until a disbursement is made. You will need to contact the probate attorney right away to discuss options on how to keep the home. Often a family member who will inherit the house will move in and pay "rent" to probate where the rent is used to keep the mortgage payments up to date.
0 votes
Carlos Escam…, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Aug 16, 2013
you can pay the house,and nobody is going to question you.
but if you decided to sell it you will have to wait up to 7 years to take possession of the property. (Legally)
0 votes
solidonefaulk, Home Buyer, Vallejo, CA
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Add on to my question up there lol....... Going in to up and he does not want to lose his mothers home is there anything we can do about it even know the deed or will wasn't in his name???? please help we want to keep the place and get it back on track with payments.
0 votes
It sounds like you could buy the house from your sister in law.
Flag Thu Sep 5, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more