Need foreclosure agent in Jacksonville/New Bern area of NC. Want to buy in the next six months, maybe sooner.

Asked by Meredith, 46528 Fri Jan 25, 2008

Answers

3
Matt Morris, Agent, New Bern, NC
Wed Jul 8, 2009
Good morning Meredith,

I would love to help you find foreclosures and REO's in the New Bern area. I actually work with plenty of people who are full-time investors and into flipping homes and also people who may be in the same situation as you where they are looking to find an inexpensive foreclosure. If you wouldn't mind emailing me and letting me know what price range and criteria you are looking for I can get on top of that right away. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Mobile: 252-571-9089
Fax: 866-498-2391
Matt@DonnaandCompany.com
Ronnie Roach, , Cary, NC
Fri Jan 25, 2008
Meredith,

Is there a reason you are looking for a foreclosure? If you are looking to get the property for pennies on the dollar - beware.

True foreclosures will need to be purchased at the courthouse steps and 99% of the time - you are buying as is - trouble is you don't know the shape of the property until after you have bought it. 5% down and the remaining funds due ASAP is the typical setup. Liens might be attached to the property so you should spend money researching the title before you make an offer.

You can also make an upset bid within 10 days of the initial bid. Upset bids must be 105% of the original bid. Then the 10 day process starts over again. If there are no upset bids - you now own the property.

The owners or renters might still be in the property so you will have to start the procedure of evicting them.

Many foreclosed homes are not left in the best shape.

If the bank purchases the property (the majority of foreclosures on the Outer Banks are being bought by the lenders), they will typically hire an agent to get the house in selling shape and put the home on MLS.

I am from the area and now live on the Outer Banks. I know Realtors that can help you out in both locations that would be glad to help you out.
Web Reference:  http://www.ronnieroach.com
Penny Parker, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Jan 25, 2008
This is a great time to buy with the choices on the market and the interest rate being lowered.

If an agent does not respond from this area, let me know and I can recommend someone.