My wife and I need to sell our house in the Breckenridge sub. in Alpharetta relatively quickly.

Asked by Scott Canfield, Alpharetta, GA Sat Dec 29, 2007

How can I find out which agents have sold the most in our subdivision. I really would like to sell quickly, but obviously do not want to price it too low, so as to not allow for any haggle room with a potential buyer.

Answers

7
Deryk Harper, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Hi Scott,
I just drove by Breckenridge on a trip to another clients listing this morning. We live about 8 minutes from you so it would be very easy for us to service your listing if you were to choose our team to work with you. Here is a link to the last 6 months of activity in your neighborhood.

http://fmlslistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtB…

Also, here is a link to a comparable market analysis for the properties listed in the first link.

http://fmlslistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Cma/…

Of course we would have to see your home and know more about your needs in order to make a more detailed analysis of where you need to price your home in order to sell quickly.

If you want to email us at info@keylocationsforyou.com I can send you a copy of our agressive, hi tech marketing plan. Check out our website as well at http://www.keylocationsforyou.com. We even have Breckenridge as one of our featured neighborhoods if you click on the Alpharetta link in our site. Click on our testimonials link to see how we have helped other Sellers in the area and what they thought of our services.

We are spending over $3000 in the next three weeks to completely rebuild our website around the latest technologies. You can watch the progress soon at http://www.keyhomefinder.com During this time we will keep our current website up and functioning so our clients will actually get double exposure as we go through the transition. This new platform will allow our clients' listings much more exposure because our website will show up frequently in the top 20 search results for relative criteria. Your listing will be blogged and a full video tour posted along with our normal marketing. We also list you on all the major internet marketing sites with full description, multiple photos, and video tour.

Our team currently leads our office of over 160 agents in closed transactions for the last 2 years. We are a full time, professional team with over 25+ years of combined real estate experience. We would love the chance to interview with you to see if we are the best match for your needs. You can call me at 770-722-6922 and I will be happy to set up a time to visit your home and discuss with you how we can get your home sold quickly for as much money as possible.

Deryk
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Hi Scott -

I'm right in the REMAX Greater Atlanta Alpharetta office - close by.

I usually fall back to my "big 3" when a question is posted concerning selling a home in this market. You must have these 3 areas totally covered: EXPOSURE - APPEAL - PRICE.

EXPOSURE - you can't just market to agents; there are too many part-timers and knuckleheads that shouldn't be in this business. The MLS service is no longer the magic bullet. Unless your home is out there for buyers to find as well, you are likely to have an extended marketing time or an expired listing. Every agent will tell you how internet savvy they are and where your home will be posted. Verify that the AGENT, not the company, provides this exposure. Unless the agent has their own accounts for internet sites, at best you will have rotational exposure from the company as all of their listings flood a few spots. Also check to see that you will have maximum photos, tours, etc etc on every site – no extra photos mean no looks!

APPEAL – you need to look at your home as a buyer looking at a hundred will. Unless it’s squared away, well photographed, has a well written narrative that excites a buyer and demonstrates the care you’ve given it…it’ll never get past that first quick mouse click. Get it in top shape, if you wouldn’t buy it as presented odds are some potential buyer wouldn’t either.

PRICE – The idea of having a strategy when it comes to negotiation is great. One thing that’s often forgotten is that there has to be something to negotiate. Unless it’s priced to attract BUYERS, not lookers, the strategy is moot. I complete what amounts to a “demonstrative appraisal report” for my listing clients. This typically runs 15-20 pages and outlines my pricing strategy, negotiation techniques and how best to SELL your home. You have to get potential buyers through the door, and then convert them into buyers; your agent and the price will do that. In this market we are selling homes by pricing close and negotiating closer – we exploit the advantage that we gain once the buyer has made an emotional connection (demonstrated by the offer) with your home. We SELL your home; we present solid arguments that will make your home stand out to the buyer and their agent.

Of course there’s much more but this isn’t a soap box. You would be wise to carefully compare agents; verify everything, ask for printouts of their last three years of performance (not team – their individual record) and see what they will do for you, not the company that they work for. Many agents hide behind company performance; you want to see what THEY will do for you, not the company. They better be able to present cogent arguements and be flexible and responsive - buyers wnat instant gratification. You’re essentially marrying this agent – do your homework.

Of course I’d love to have the chance to earn your business – let me know how I can help!

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
REMAX Greater Atlanta
http://www.hrmiller.com
678-428-8276
Web Reference:  http://www.hrmiller.com
Lorrie Thomas, , Canton, GA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Very True! Lee & Don have both made excellent suggestions. You need someone you are comfortable with and can trust as Lee said, and Don is absolutely correct when he says that most buyers are starting their search for their new home on the Internet. In todays market, it is very important to choose a Realtor that is Internet Savvy and uses the Internet to maximize exposure to your home. Someone who utilizes not only a standard marketing plan, but also an Internet Marketing Plan which would enable buyer's to find your home not only at all of the major search engines but hundreds of other Internet sites as well. This will enable more buyer's to see the great photos and excellent Virtual Tours that are so important. When interviewing to choose the best Realtor for you, contact me if you'd like to find out more about my detailed Internet Marketing Plan. I hope all this information helps! ~Lorrie
Don Lantier, Agent, smyrna, GA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Lee Adkins makes a great point!
I would say...in additon to what Lee stated,..Interview 3 or 4 Real Estate Agents...ask to see some of the photographs of homes they have sold...THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT...most buyers start on the internet and look at pictures of homes...excellent photos and price combinations create the best mix for best exposure and quickest sale. Have the Real estate agents provide you with comparative market analysis that you can look at and have them explain the differences between your home and other homes that have sold in your area.
Of course there are many other things to look for in a good agent local to your community or not, but these elements will give you the best pictures possible for the visual exposure and the Comaparitve market analasis with give you the bet market price to sell the quickest relative to the current market.
You can take a look here for a good example of pictures: Http://housetour4you.com
Web Reference:  http://lantierrealty.com
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Do you want the agent who "lists" the most in your neighborhood or the agent that has the most buyers?

The best course of action is to actually interview a few agents and follow up and see who has the best track record. Can they bring a list of buyers to your home? Do they actually have a marketing plan?

IS THIS THEIR FULL TIME CAREER?

There's lots of helpful resources, but beware of the neighborhood farmer. Agents that list homes in a given neighborhood. They spend a lot of time getting listings and may not have the time or the staff to devote to getting buyers for your home.
Web Reference:  http://www.jrjarvis.com
The Donna Au…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Scott you have been given great advice from the previous agents. You mentioned you would like to sell quickly ~ no secret to you but there is a large amount of inventory and for a quicker sale you must differentiate your home and marketing plan therefore you need an agent that is experienced and creative. Creative in their marketing plan and helping you stage your home for maximum curb appeal. In today’s market you must stand above the competition and your home must be in great showing condition. I too live in Alpharetta. I would be happy to email a CMA or make arrangements to drop it off.
Lee Adkins, Agent, Roswell, GA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Scott -
Good question!? Perusing the recent sales there, I don't see any one agent's name more than twice.
There are also 10 active properties in the subdivision right now - I was looking at one of the foreclosures there with a buyer today.

I live on Brumbelow just around the corner and have friend in the the neighborhood. One of the "issues" with Breckenridge is that there are a variety of houses and therefore price ranges - some have basements, many don't - some are synthetic stucco, some brick.

If you would like to contact me directly, I can provide you with MY marketing plan for your home - as I'm sure many others here would.

My best advice to you - rather than find someone who sells in your particular neighborhood - is to find someone you are comfortable with and trust.

Good luck to you!!

Lee
Web Reference:  http://www.leeadkins.net