Lorre Mcanin…, Other/Just Looking in Grover Beach, CA

My property was foreclosed on due of malicious acts of embezzlement,forgery,fraud how do I get homes back?

Asked by Lorre Mcaninch, Grover Beach, CA Sun Jul 27, 2008

Disgruntled employees embezzled and stole my identity intercepted my mail and phone calls and changed contact information and mailing addresses. House payments were written out but never made it to lender, money came out of account but didn't go to lender. This is a criminal investigation and will be prosecuted. I need help with how to get back my properties.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Jul 27, 2008
That is awful, i am so sorry to hear. A Real Estate attorney should be able to get an injunction to either stop the process or freeze the assetts until the criminal investigation is complete. I would also ask the Attorneys generals office to intervene on your behalf to freeze the foreclosure process so the banks do not liquidate your properties. Dont wait though...
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
1 vote
Jerissa Park…, , San Luis Obispo, CA
Thu Aug 14, 2008
As everyone has said, it is definitely important for you to contact a real estate lawyer. If you need a referral to a lawyer that handle real estate law in San Luis county, please don't hesitate to contact me. Before you meet or speak with the lawyer, I would suggest writing down all fact that you know and when you learned of these facts. Have you talked with anyone? Who and when? These will give you lawyer some background and save you time and money and some frustration, hopefully, in the end.

My phone number is 805.596.4479 or email me at jparkhurst@cbsanluis.com if you are still in need of local assistance.
0 votes
Bob McClure, Other Pro, Walled Lake, MI
Sun Jul 27, 2008
good afternoon......i have consulted clients about recovering foreclosed homes for themeselves......usually it isn't anything like what you are dealing with.....my first suggestion is to call the attorney's office that foreclosed in behalf of the lender and write up a proposal to reinstate the mortgage and transfer deed back to you...and why..the attorney's name and number (and your file # can be found on the foreclosure notice you recvd) each attorney's office typically has a case mgr you can fax your proposal to...they have to forward it to the reo dept. at your lender....use all of the backup info you can obtain to back up your story...documentation you can get to prove what happened to you...best of luck to you.i would be interested to hear how things turn out for you...there could also be a second alternative to help you.bob mcclure- mortgage now- farmington, michigan....almost 14 years of experience..and i am licensed in your state.. (248) 974-4444
0 votes
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Sun Jul 27, 2008

Good advice from all below. Contact a good real estate attorney immediately, if not sooner.

Also, you stated that this is a criminal investigation. Is this being handled by the local district attorney's office? If so, they probably have a real estate fraud division which should be happy to contact your lenders and let them know what is going on. If they will not contact the lenders directly, you and / or your new real estate attorney should send a copy of the criminal case to the lenders and ask them to forebear until the case is resolved.

This must be a very trying time for you. Reach out and get all the help you can.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Sorry hear what has taken place. You need to immediately contact a real estate attorney on Monday determine if the attorney can file anything on your behafl stop the foreclosure. The legal proceedings against these persons could have some merit. Have your presented the paperwork to the banks stated you were not aware of criminal activity. Cashing of the checks is forgery, transferring mail & ID is fraud.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Laarni G. Om…, , Orange County, CA
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Hi Lorre,
You need to see a very good Real Estate Lawyer that will be able to deal with the banks. Please don't wait until the properties are sold. I hope your first call tomorrow will be with a very good lawyer.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Grover Beach Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more