My mortgage payment is $2700 a month my wife is going through a surgery and will not able to go back to work

Asked by Phil Silvera, San Jose, CA Sat Sep 27, 2008

for atleast 6 to 8 months. I am not making enough at my current job to cover the payment. what can i do to lower the payment if i call my loan company and tell them what i am going through will they lower my monthly payment or is any goverment program out there that i can apply for. I appreciate any help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jacqueline R…, Agent, Bear, DE
Sun Sep 28, 2008

DO Call your lender for an adjustment in your payment. In today's times they are more than willing to help a homeowner stay in the home. They have enough homes in their inventory.

Good luck to you and your wife!
Web Reference:
0 votes
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Sep 28, 2008

Give me a call Monday afternoon and I will answer your questions. You do have options....your first step is contacting your lenders to see if they will write down ad/or modify your loan. Your lender may very well be willing to write down a portion of your mortgage theu the Housing Recovery Act recently passed. More info at the site below.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more