My mortgage company is threatening foreclosure when payments have been made i have sent all proof.

Asked by Ms Miki, 87120 Fri Oct 29, 2010

i have sent proof and was told they are all in the same office but different addresses. I want to know my legal recourse. They keep threatening to foreclose i want to resend all info by certified mail and if they continue i want to sue them.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


michele cadogan’s answer
michele cado…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Oct 30, 2010
As my fellow associates have suggested I would say hire an attorney. Or If you really want to push this call your local News station Im sure that they have a consumers reported who would love to work on this issue with you . Here in New York on one of local stations there is a consumers feature call Help Me Howard. Im sure that there is something similar in your area. Best of Luck.
0 votes
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Oct 30, 2010
Ms Miki,

If you ahve nto missed payments and they are continuing to threaten you with foreclosure contact an attorney....You may have no choice. When you are proved correct the attorney can sue them for their payment
Web Reference:
0 votes
Chris Smith, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Sat Oct 30, 2010
Ms Miki - I agree with previous responses. If you have made all required payments on time and have not missed any payments, you should contact a real estate attorney, our office uses Gerry Dixon 244-3890. As mentioned by Mr. Quintana, Prepaid Legal is also a great resource. You can go to my website under the RESOURCE page and find Prepaid Legal contact information there. Regarding your mortgage company information, if you have not already done so - I would recommend getting all your paperwork in chronological order and including a spreadsheet or log of all your communications via phone, email, mail, etc. This will help create a clearer picture if you are unable to resolve the matter on your own and you you require the assistance of an attorney. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I look forward to hearing from you. Chris (505) 379-2763
0 votes
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Did you even miss payments in the past? If you did they have a case but not a good one.
0 votes
Steve Quinta…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Suggest you contact a competent attorney. Perhaps you have grounds for a claim against the mortgage company. I suggest you consider joining Prepaid Legal Services. This will allow you to consult with an attorney without a huge bill. I have some other ideas but would prefer to discuss them privately.
0 votes
Arthur Miller, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Oct 29, 2010
I recommend that you contact a Real Estate Lawyer. Our office uses and recommends Sylvan Segal at 888-8888.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more