My landord just entered chapter 7 BK, we haven't paid him rent for a month and haven't heard from him. Do we?

Asked by Hotburnttoast, Phoenix, AZ Fri Apr 17, 2009

wait to hear from court trustee and can he evict when he is in Chapter 7. Also his mortage has been past do since October of 2008. What happens at the end of the BK to our rental?

Answers

2
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon May 4, 2009
I would contact a good real estate attorney. I use Jim Murphy in central Phoenix for my personal work, there are many others out there.

There is some gray area in your situation and a good attorney, can help keep you safe and legally protected... in my book the couple hundred dollars is well spent.
Web Reference:  http://www.urbanlifeblog.com
Steven Mayna…, , Phoenix, AZ
Thu Apr 23, 2009
Just be careful, if you have a lease you want to get some legal advise. You are still bound by a contract to pay him rent. Just because he filed BK doesn't mean the home is being foreclosed on, but chances are if he has been past due as long as you say, it could be. I would talk to a attorney and get a real estate agent looking for a new home for you. As agents we can check the tax records to see if the house is scheduled for auction. Send me the address and I can look into it for you.