My husband left me in Dec and has not made the house pmt since. We filed chpt 13 and will be discharged in June. What can I do to save my house?

Asked by Papermoon, 91977 Sun Mar 13, 2011

My husband left our house and we haven't made a pmt. since Nov. We filed chapter 13 and it will be discharged in June. There is a possibilty we will get back together, is there anyway we can save our house now? My husband said he received a letter saying they were going to expidite the forclosure process a month ago,but hasn't heard anything yet. What would you advise to try to save our house?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ellie Doming…, , San Diego County, CA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Loan modifications is something you would want to look into. For Legal Real Estate matters call (619) 723-3383. Law Offices of William Radcliffe Specializes in Loan modifications.

They offer free consultations!
0 votes
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Big question is? Do you want the house? If not go for a short sale and bale or hang out and pay the mortgage.
0 votes
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
I'm so sorry you're in this position. You really need to talk to a real estate lawyer, AND a divorce lawyer. You need to protect yourself. What you're entitled to will depend on your marital circumstances, so please don't wait. Get on the phone and make appointments for some consultations today. And, please get some referrals before you choose an attorney.

Good luck to you, and please call or email me to let me know how I can help you.

Warm Regards,
0 votes
Rene Gonzalez, , San Diego County, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
That is a question for a Real Estate Attorney.
How ever, I always recommend loan Mod.
If you have any other questions send me an E-mail or Call.

Rene Gonzalez
Prudential California Realty
Direct : 619-482-5313
Mobil : 619-778-5397
Fax : 858-435-7677
E-Mail :
LIC #01271386
0 votes
Joan Wilson, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Talk with an attorney, and give the bank a call.
Good luck,

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO and Short Sale/HAFA Specialist)

California Cool 4 Sale
Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
Fax: 760-946-7894
License # 01341483

It is my Goal to Increase the Success and Profitability of Those I Serve

Know Your Rights Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) Program

Find your Dream Home:
Web Reference:  http://HAFAHAMP.NET
0 votes
Amanda Mitch…, Agent, Alpine, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Hi There,
These options can all be considered "better" than foreclosure.
1) Try a loan Mod
2) If Loan mod isn't approved, and payback is an option than do so,
3) If loan mod and getting current on your payments isnt an option, short sale (approved sale for less than owed)
If you have any questions about any of the above, shoot me an email!
0 votes
Eli Givoni-S…, , Boca Raton, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
You can pay the bank and bring your loan current.
0 votes
Dana Rosas &…, Agent, Covina, CA
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Please call me I can help you free of charge. I have been in the business over 30 years. 619-631-0188 Dana & Eva
0 votes
scott farmer, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Sorry to hear about your split. The best thing that can be done is to contact the lender immediately to try and get back on track.

Good luck,

Sandy Farmer
Realtor, GRI, CSSN
John Hall & Associates
Web Reference:
0 votes
Nick Ruiz, , San Diego, CA
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Speak with a Real Estate attorney and with the ones who are doing your chapter 13, They should be able to tell you what your options are.

Hard for us to give you any advice or tips on this subject as there are too many variables.

Good luck!

Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more