My house just went into foreclosure 3 days ago, my mortgage lender won't talk to me, what options do I have and how much time before I get

Asked by Jchacon23, Forney, TX Sun Oct 28, 2012

kicked out?

Answers

9
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Your leer should speak with you and my advice is to immediately contact your state Attorney General's office and speak with them as well as your State's Real Estate commission and ask for the legal department. You may question them on your options.

Unless it's an absolute mistake you should have received a number of notifications from your lender before now advising you that you were delinquent in making your payments and supplying you with a number to call in order to try and work things out. You might look back through your records for any such letters and see if there's not a different number listed that you could call.

You may not be able to afford it but I would consider speaking with a local real estate attorney.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems and hope things work out OK for you.
Terry Johnson, Renter, Palm Desert, CA
Fri Nov 2, 2012
NACA!

They can help you.

Google NACA
Lana Quintero, Agent, Murphy, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Hi! JChacon

You can keep trying your lender but you should have gotten some letters regarding your home going into foreclosure. If you can find the letter that might give you some optiions and a contact person to call. Please know that you should be able to delay your foreclosure if you lost your job, sick or divorce. I would definitely keep trying and you can possibly list the property for sale or qualify for repayment plan. I hope this information helps you.
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Hi Jchacon,

If your home already went into foreclosure - there really isnt much you can do. You can just keep trying to get on hold with them. But they should also be contacting you and posting notice on your door soon too. So just keep trying to get on hold with them.

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Oct 29, 2012
You have not given us the whole story. What do you mean by “went into foreclosure”?

If the house has been foreclosed upon and sold, you are out of luck. The new owner will soon show up at your door and ask you to move. It is past the time to talk to the bank.

If you have just gotten legal notice that your house is going to be foreclosed upon, you do have time to take action. But what have you been doing up to this time. You know that you have not been making your mortgage payments. You know that there will be consequences including possible foreclosure. You have been getting mail and, perhaps, phone calls from the lender about your delinquent payments.

Have you tried a loan modification?

Have you sought professional help…from a Realtor…from an attorney…from a community resource?

I am sorry for your predicament but you are the one who must be proactive, if it is not too late, in order to have any control over your situation.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
If the home is literally foreclosed then there is not much you can do but leave. If the process has just started you should contact your lender immediately and keep contacting them. The very first step you need to take is to start the loan modification process. This process can take months and may allow you to stay in your home.

If that step fails you can then look at options to short sale the home. This is when the home is sold for less than you own. You also have a very good chance of receiving relocation assistance monies at closing if the sale is successful. My clients have all received anywhere form $1,000 to over $15,000 at closing from their lender depending on the circumstances and programs available. So it is definitely worth looking at both options as at the very least it will buy you some more time to possibly stay in your home.

You should speak with some Realtors and find one who is experienced with the short sale process. Many are not and you really need somebody who understands the process and can keep everything moving forward to have the highest possibility of success.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Beau Beasley, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
It depends on what you mean by "went into foreclosure". Do you mean it was foreclosed on and sold on the courthouse steps? Or you have been made aware that it's going to be foreclosed on. Have you suffered a hardship like a job loss, death of spouse, or divorce? If so, you probably can get your lender allow a short sale. I've done many short sales. Also, a bankruptcy will delay a foreclosure if it hasn't taken place yet and buy you some time.

Let me know and I'll help.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker
214 966-2100
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
If your lender is not talking with you it probably isn't good. I believe you need to talk with a real estate attorney. I would probably start packing if you haven't already. Really, it is best to be prepared.

Kenny
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Keep trying to contact your lender. You just need to find the correct contact. Also try this website for more information.