My house is in foreclosure and is about to be auctioned due to my ex husband who was supposed to be paying the mortgage in place of child support.

Asked by Cuca1076, Fri Nov 30, 2012

How much time do I have to move out?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Huff…, Agent, Englewood, CO
Tue Jan 1, 2013
You should contact a real estate attorney and direct all question to them.
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Sorry about your situation;
but weren't the monthly statements being sent to your house?
this would have taken a year or more to foment.

If you already have a notice of the Trustee Sale, you will only have about 5-6 weeks after the Sale.
The good news is, you should be offer Moving Money; unless he intercepts that like he intercepted the monthly statements.
0 votes
Devona Garri…, , Beaumont, CA
Sat Dec 1, 2012
You can find a full foreclosure time-line by going to our website and clicking on the Foreclosure Prevention Library tab:
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Dec 1, 2012
At this point it may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney, see what options you may have....
0 votes
Sergio Rojas, , Rialto, CA
Fri Nov 30, 2012
It all depends, the best thing to do will be to contact an experienced real estate agent or an attorney. You could buy extra time doing different actions, but it will depend on what is YOUR SITUATION at this moment.
You could also try to do a short sale and you might be able to not only stay at your house while this process is being done, but you could also be able to get some money for relocation assistance.

The most important is that you would need to hire somebody with experience in this field to assist you.

I would be happy to help you!

Sergio Rojas
Nationwide Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more