Foreclosure in 33068>Question Details

Nobert58, Home Owner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

My house has been sold in a forclosure sale and the new owner came in the house and throw out all my personal belongings without notice, is it legal?

Asked by Nobert58, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

3
When you say ALL your personal belongings, what do mean? was the house fully furnished? or was it just a few things of little value left behind?
You were given notice, I'm sure (that's the law) and IF you do not act accordingly, yes, they can put your belonging on the curb...just like with evicted tenants...
Hi Nobert,

You should have been notified or served that a foreclosure sale was pending and given a date and time for the sale. It sounds like the property was vacant and some belongings were left behind.

This is a complicated question and without all the details it is hard to answer.

1) Was the property occupied or vacant?

2) It also depends on what you are considering personal belongings. If you had personal property with a value of say $300 to $500 this could be an issue. Also, if you had personal items such as family photos or any items that are personal, bank statements, files or personal memorabilia, this would seem in appropriate and a personal property eviction should have been initiated. This is a legal matter and if there was personal property left behind, the new owner should always proceed with caution and initiate a personal property eviction, giving you some time to retrieve your personal items.

If we knew what you are considering personal belongings we could probably give a better answer!!