My house goes up for auction on Friday. How long do I have to get my stuff out? And what happens if nobody bids on it?

Asked by Wallguy, Keizer, OR Tue Jan 5, 2010

Answers

11
Kelly Gebler, Agent, Portland, OR
Tue Jan 5, 2010
Hi - I list foreclosed homes and frequently get the homes within 24-48 hours of them selling at auction. Generally they are not sold to a private party, but are taken back by the bank. Any time the homes are still occupied at the point I receive them, the bank will provide me with a Relocation package to offer the prior owners...most of the time it will give you 2-3 weeks to get moved and offer you a monetary incentive to stick with the timelines as well as make sure you remove all personal items and any garbage inside and out and leave the home in broom clean condition. You aren't required to do any repairs or have the home professionally cleaned...but you will have to make sure to at least sweep it out after removing everything.

There are times when I don't even get these files until as much as 6 months after the auction date, and I've heard stories of people being in the home for over a year with no word from anyone.

I am sorry you are having to go through this - and hopefully you will be contacted soon by a Realtor with your relocation package and it at least helps you move on to a new start.

Kelly Gebler, Broker
Xodebby01ox, Home Buyer, Bayonne, NJ
Sun Mar 26, 2017
My home went to auction March 2nd it was sold but I haven't seen or heard from the owner would you know why this is March 26th
Frncholm, Home Buyer, Keizer, OR
Fri May 27, 2016
MY HOUSE GOES UP FOR AUCTION ON JUNE THE FIRST HOW LONG CAN I STAY IT
AFTER THAT DATE AND CAN I GET IT BACK
Did you ever find out the process? My house goes up for auction tomorrow and we have not gotten very much out yet..
Flag Wed Jul 27, 2016
Frncholm, Home Buyer, Keizer, OR
Fri May 27, 2016
AFTER THAT DATE AND CAN I GET IT BACK
Danielleguil…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri May 6, 2016
Hi. My house goes up for auction next month. I wanted to know how the process goes about moving situation
Olivia Martin, Agent, Salem, OR
Wed May 8, 2013
Depends on the type of financing the bidder has and the terms they allow. If its a cash buyer closing could be quick. You should be allowed at least 30 days. If it gets no bids they will probably just re auction it.
joaqguz, Home Owner, Sacramento, CA
Tue May 7, 2013
I have been working with so many different company who offer they can help. I when from my lender an then they where doing a loan mod. an for so many months pass. they tell me they can't do nothing. I lost my job in 2011 an was unemployed for two years an all asked is for some help in what they can do for me. so this firm called me sunbelt an gave them all my information. since Oct. 2011 an till March. an then they tell the run around an I've been paying them. an so this other company called an said they don't charge. so we took there advice. an when to there office an since the we have been giving them all the papers an calling them. so find out what or if they are going to help us out the house is going to be auction may 10th. an I haven't been able to sleep my health isn't all that great thinking everyday if they are going to help us.
Mytime70, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
I live in new jersey and my house is going up for auction nov ...I need to know what happened after that and what do I need to do .will I get papper work ..I heard about reclotion package what is that? Do I leave the stove and big stuff behind or dose all thatneed to be out..? What happened if it sell ..or noone bids on it? Please let me know ..email mytime70@yahoo.com
jeliz4, Home Owner, Elgin, IL
Thu Aug 16, 2012
My house is going up for auction next month, what happens if we are in the middle of winter? Would we still have to vacate the property during the winter season? please let me know.
Charita King…, , Downey, CA
Tue Jan 5, 2010
You will get a notice to vacate the property after the sale that will be posted on your door. You will know what date you need to be out of the house. Too bad you didn't negotiate for a short sale.
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Tue Jan 5, 2010
Did you try everything to stop it? Call them try to get them to push it off, request a modification we have done it many times for clients, the banks do not want a foreclosure. If you can not get anywhere the auction will most likely go to the bank. No matter who it goes to you have a small period of time to continue to work things out while title transfer takes place, usually a few weeks. If the bank does take title they usually do not ask you to leave right away it is better for them to let you stay so the building is not vacant, we have seen cases where clients stayed as much as 18 to 24 months. Good Luck and if you do lose your home we can help you get back on your feet. Bob