hmeapg76, Other/Just Looking in Estero, FL

My home was foreclosed when I was single can my husband buy the property under his name not including me?

Asked by hmeapg76, Estero, FL Mon Feb 18, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Yes, he can if he qualifies for financing without any assistance from you. This is a great website to use to access the Gulf Coast MLS. Thanks for the question. I am happy to help walk you all through the process when you are ready.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Cell: 239-464-8620
Web Access to MLS:
0 votes
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
If your husband can qualify for the loan without using your income, then he can purchase it with out you on the loan.

You can still be on the title even though you are not on the loan.

Best of Luck to You!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes
Kevin Yankow, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Theoretically yes. If financing is required he would have to be able to acquire it on his own without you being on the loan. I would consult an attorney for being on the title with your husband but if your husband can purchase the hone on his own your financial history should not be a factor. Feel free to call if you have any additional questions. 239-206-3467.
0 votes
Debra McAlis…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
The first call I would make is to;

Joanne Brenenstuhl , Your trusted advisor for over 20 years
Sr. Mortgage Banker, Sales Manager/VP
239-470-1711 FAX-866-686-5382
Apply at:

International Center The Offices at Mercato
6804 Porto Fino Circle E2 9128 Strada Place, Suite 10106
Fort Myers, FL 33912 Naples, FL 34108

They have handled many difficult transactions I thought would never close and closed them with very happy clients. Regulations are changing on a daily basis.

Debra McAlister-Brown, P.A., ABR, CDPE, SFR, RSPS, PMN, WCR, CIPS, CREN

International Luxury Home Marketing Specialist


24520 Production Circle
Suite #3
Bonita Springs, FL 341351-888-943-4452 - Fax
0 votes
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
It will depend on the stipulations in the contract presented by the attorney would be best to consult regarding that.
0 votes
Michael Jack…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
I concur with Scott below. I would contact an attorney who specializes in Real Estate and / or contact a Mortgage Professional. If you want to shoot me an e-mail with your contact information, I can put you in contact with either or both. I live and specialize in the Estero area, so let me know if you need any Real Estate assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Michael Jackson
Keller Williams Elite Realty
(239) 919-6315 cell.
0 votes
Scott Riddle, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
I would consult an attorney. If you woudl like I can put you in contact with a few attorneys for a free consultation.

Scott Riddle
RE/MAX Affinity
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more