My home is in the initial stages of foreclosure. Will I be able to rent a decent apartment?

Asked by Karen Bell, Leesburg, FL Mon Jun 18, 2012

Answers

8
Amerevision, , New York, NY
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Do you want to keep the property? If so, please contact us. Here is a brief description about what we do, and there is more information on our website.

Amerevision provides legal financing to select homeowners, investment and commercial property owners who seek to dispute the validity of their mortgage debt via the legal forum.

The services we provide optimize our clients’ likelihoods of obtaining meaningful restructurings of the terms of their mortgage loans, and/or significant principal reductions. We apply fine-tuned underwriting, structuring and management processes to client files, enabling our clients to resolve their disputes proactively, economically, and favorably.

Amerevision selects cases for funding where the subject mortgage loan is defective, fraudulent or wrongfully-originated, whether the borrower is the plaintiff or defending a foreclosure. Prior to application acceptance, we engage in a thorough analysis of a potential client’s real property and loan documentation, identifying flaws in mortgage origination, closing, servicing, securitizing and recording.

Amerevision funds litigation by paying a client’s attorney directly for services performed. Our funding is non-recourse, which means if a client is unsuccessful, we are not repaid the monies we have expended on their behalf. We are paid only if a client settles their case successfully, and our fee can be paid in manageable monthly installments.

We invest strategically in the success of our clients’ cases: our interests are entirely aligned with theirs.
Web Reference:  http://www.amerevision.com
Richard Zwick, Agent, Deland, FL
Tue Sep 4, 2012
You can usually rent a house or apartment.
SOMETIMES it requires more security deposit and/or first and last...
we manage properties and we look at other factors than just credit/foreclosure/short sale.

Are you doing a short-sale?
That's the best way to save your credit and makes it easier to move on.

I have resources on my website or you can call or email me if you have detailed questions.
ZwickRealtyGroup.com
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Apopka, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
To answer your question, yes should be able to qualify for a rental property but in such situation
some landlords are asking for as much as 4-6 months in advance.

But why let the home go into foreclosure when you might be able to do a short sale with much
less negative consequences, and a faster credit recovery time? If you are in the initial stages
of the process a short sale might be right for you. I would be happy to educate you about the
process and help you list and sell your home if you determine that a short sale is the right thing for you. Feel comfortable to pick up the phone and call me for a confidential, no obligation consultation.
As a Certified Distressed Property Expert, helping people like you through the mortgage crisis
is what I do, and I would be happy to offer you whatever help I can. (407) 864-3139

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
Orlando, Florida
sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Karen, generally, the smartest thing for someone in that situation to do is:

1) put the property up for short sale ASAP. Make sure you use an experienced negotiator/lawyer who has closed many of these deals.

2) consider beginning your rental search before the foreclosure finalizes....you'll be less stressed and probably have more options if you don't wait until the last minute.
Sharlene R P…, Agent, Maitland, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Karen you will be able to rent again. Who is handling your pre-foreclosure. Please give me a call or email me and let's walk through this process. Ladyrealestate1@gmail.com and my contact number is 407-733-3676. I am sorry you are going through this at this time. Let's talk..

Sharlene R. Prince
Exit Realty Central
407-733-3676
Sharlene R P…, Agent, Maitland, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012

Sharlene R. Prince
Exit Realty Central
407-733-3676
Pj Howard, , Orange Beach, AL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Karen, The first and best thing to address is the pending foreclosure. Have you tried to short sale or other possible options which may be available to you? I would be happy to help you with an analysis of what your best steps are. Sometimes it's easier and less painful to throw up your hands and quit, but you may not be at that point. Even, if you are there are possible options for that event as well. you are welcome to call me any time.
Carl Head, Agent, Maitland, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Karen,

Most likely you will be able to rent again after your foreclosure. As long as this is the only blemish on your credit report. You might be asked to provide an additional deposit.

I hope this is helpful. Please call or e-mail me carlrealtycenter@aol.com if I can do anything for you.

Carl Head
Realty Center
407-832-4650