Foreclosure in Enterprise>Question Details

Shannon Varn…, Home Buyer in Macon, GA

My deceased fathers home is in foreclosure what do i do to purchase home

Asked by Shannon Varner, Macon, GA Tue Feb 23, 2010

What to do

Help the community by answering this question:


Manu Kapoor’s answer
The hoouse is in foreclosure & not FORECLOSED upon. Do not lose time & get pre-approved from a lender & re-finance onto your name. But in one case a lender changet the name on the deed when the husband died into wife's name. Talk to the lender if this is possible.
Do not lose time.
Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Shannon you should contact the mortgage company at once, make sure you have a copy of the death certificate. Ask for the home retention department. The should be able to assist you. You may also want to contact the attorney that handles the estate to see if they can assist. good luck working things out and my deepest sympathy for the loss of your father.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer