My HOA is foreclosing on my home, is the length of time it takes for this to happen different from the time it would take for a default mortgage

Asked by Lohofa, Wesley Chapel, FL Sat Jan 16, 2010

foreclosure to take place?

Answers

5
Christina Ba…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
You contact an attorney to see if they can work something out with the HOA. Sometimes he HOA will work with you.
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Nov 7, 2013
The foreclosure time varies from case to case. If you owe money to the HOA and they are foreclosing, you can probably call them and work out a payment plan with them.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com
http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
Lou Molnar, , Land O' Lakes, FL
Sat Jan 16, 2010
You need to contact an attorney. Real estate and mortgage folks should not be answering this question unless they are an attorney too.
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sat Jan 16, 2010
3rd question on the same subject today. I can understand why you are worried. Foreclosure based on mortgage default is one thing. It's much too common and pretty predicatable. This is something completely different. Go see a real estate attorney right away. HOAs come in all shapes and sizes. The majority of them are inept and could never get a property foreclosed on in a million years. Have a lawyer check this one out and PUSH BACK.
Kathy Weber, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Sat Jan 16, 2010
Lohofa,

It depends on when the foreclosure process has started on either end.

I would contact a local area agent & have them pull up your property profile to see what the County Records show.

They may be able to give you advice on a Short Sale, if possible, or research where you're at with both processess.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://kathyweberhomes.com