Ig, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Looking in Brisbane 3bed/2bth. We are relocating due to my new job (it is in SSF).

Asked by Ig, Denver, CO Wed Nov 7, 2007

From first glance at MLS there is not much for sale there for our budget of 700k. There are 7! condos listed on Swallowtail Court. Is anybody familiar with this locations or this complex (and what could be a reason for so many offers there). We are looking for safe and eco-friendly area (small children) and closenes to the east of SSF. I would appressiate any info/thoughts about Brisbane and surroundings.
great site by the way.

Answers

6
, ,
Fri Jan 22, 2016
Brisbane consistently produces students who excel in HS and University studies, and beyond. That is the truest measure of quality IMO.
Ton Dang, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Mon Jul 11, 2011
lg, there's definite potential with your budget of $700K, especially if you are open to the condo markets. But for a single family home, I think there's good opportunity in the nearby cities including San Bruno. I think it's a Best Buy right now in the market given the location pass the fog line, and the affordable prices. If you are looking for a realtor, i'd be glad to interview with you.
Joel Diaz, Agent, Daly City, CA
Sat Sep 5, 2009
Hope you are still looking. There are plenty of opportunities now! The weather is great, I've lived in Brisbane proper for 14 years. Love it!

It's the "Sunshine Suburb along the Bayshore Blvd." Reminds a lot of people of a charming European village.

Very family oriented with small town character.

Call me at 650.520.7483 and we can discuss the possibilites.

Joel Diaz
Jay Grossman, , 94403
Thu Nov 8, 2007
I was one of the "Lucky" winners of a Townhouse on Swallowtail; the quality was not that impressive and the walls cracked when it slid down the hill a little bit. Plus, it is too foggy up there and the monthly fees are a pain...better to check out a Single Family House below the Fog Line and commute to SSF.
And BID LOW on the house starting out to find a Motivated Seller...of course, try to get as many loan credits and credits for repairs, also, to get the best "Deal" possible. Probably best to rent first and then work on getting a good deal on a house next year (More Foreclosures expected...)
Vicki Moore, Agent, San Carlos, CA
Wed Nov 7, 2007
The reason there are several units available for sale there may be because many units have been built. Brisbane can be quite windy and cold. Many folks who work at Genentech or that area like Foster City. It's a straight drive up the freeway, making it a fairly painless commute. The schools there are very good. There are many walking paths, dog parks, library, shopping, restaurants. The weather is very nice.
Web Reference:  http://www.fostercity.org/
The real reason for all the sales is economic. It's not over supply!
The weather is great in Brisbane. Afternoon ocean winds are strong and cold,
only to hot locations with none. Next to 0 crime. Super easy commuting. No real negatives.
Flag Fri Jan 22, 2016
Allison Klein, , Redwood Shores, Redwood City, CA
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Hi Ig-
Have you checked out the website http://www.greatschools.net it rates all the schools and is a great resource for parents. I have two kids myself and understand the importance of good schools. When you look at that website the scores for Brisbane Elementary are rated a 6 out of 10(which is not too good) and the API is 791. I know you want to be close to your work , but the schools in Belmont, San Carlos, Foster City, Redwood Shores with your price range of $700K would get you a nice condo or townhouse there as well with EXCELLENT schools. All either 9 out of 10 or 10's! The commute is not too bad either. I hope this helps.