Is there any way to find foreclosure auction results?

Asked by Homebuyer24, Corvallis, OR Wed Mar 3, 2010

Right now, I am looking at a house that was foreclosed and bought by a company that fixed it up a bit and is now trying to sell it. I want to know how to find the results of the auction so I can see how much that they payed for it. Is there anyway to do this? If not through the results of the auction is there any way to find out how much they payed for the house?

Answers

5
Kelly Gebler, Agent, Portland, OR
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Howdy - property tax records are public information. It may take a few days for them to get updated with the new sale info, but eventually it will land there. You could check with the approriate county recording office, or perhaps a local title company rep to have them check. Hope that helps.

Kelly Gebler, Broker
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Most title companies can do research with the county records to get you that information..but you will do just as well having a realtor do the research and then getting a market analysis for you to know wht is best to offer in the way of purchasing a home like that!
Homebuyer24, Home Buyer, Corvallis, OR
Wed Mar 3, 2010
I found it by going to the County Tax Assessors Website. Thanks!

It doesn't have any bearing?

Because I figured it would at least let me know at what price it would be a loss for them, so I know the lowest that would even be considered and now I know what is completely out of the picture. Because, as it's a company that bought it, I'm sure they would be unwilling to even consider having it be anything less than at least some profit on it.
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Yes.

Address and we will get it for you.

Really though.. what they paid will have little if any bearing on what they will sell it for. That is a matter of market forces.

Still glad to assist however.

Thanks;

Dirk
Web Reference:  http://www.theknudsens.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Only possible resource is county tax records.

However keep in mind the investor has spent time, money, for rehab of the property many home buyers don't understand all particulars involved.

Best have a buyers agent represent you submit a winning sales offer.

I am a Realtor, investor, amazing buyers don't see that is a business when I post a home for sale, I need to cover my expenses from closing cost of purchase, time vested rehab home, realtors commission, closing costs are etc.

Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com