Is Victorville really a 'high' crime town as it appears online?

Asked by Nancy Hammond, Victorville, CA Mon Jul 30, 2012

Answers

4
Brandy Garner, Agent, Yakima, WA
Thu Aug 2, 2012
I live in Victorville also. As a military family, we have lived in many places. Everywhere you go, there are some good neighborhoods and some that you would probably prefer to avoid. Keep in mind too, you probably only hear about the negative things that happen and most likely very little about the good things that do. I try to share the positive news on my FB page whenever I can.
A good resource to check an area is CRIMEMAPPING.COM. You can look up stats in a particular area there.
lahouse4sale, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
I have lived in South Central LA for 25 years and 3 years currently in Victorville. What I have experience so far in Victorville is that people are way more nicer here in the high desert. We all want the same thing, to be treated with respect, to be liked and for no harm to come to our families. Just smile, be nice to folks and mind your own business and you will be fine, regardless of what the statistics say online or otherwise. The houses are very affordable out here and you have to take advantage of the situation. Give me a call, I will be happy to help you with your home purchase here in the high desert. (213) 221-1321 Izzy
James Foy, Agent, Costa Mesa, CA
Mon Jul 30, 2012
As a Victor Valley resident from 1978 to present, I would say there's been a definite change in the area towards more crime. My guess, from some of the agenda items at the Victorville City Council is that crime continues to escalate, and that many crimes go unreported. One of my friends has scrap stolen from his yard often enough that he's stopped reporting it.
The city has had a large influx of unemployed, people on probation and parolees from adjoining counties as it's cheaper to house them here. There hasn't been additional money sent to the local jurisdictions to help in the policing of these new residents.
The High Desert is usually the last place in CA to recover, so I don't foresee any quick improvements.
There are some nice neighborhoods in Victorville, but my personal preferences run toward Oak Hills and county areas of Apple Valley.
Much of what, where, and why you are looking at the Victor Valley has to be answered before I could make any further recommendations. There are still many reasons to buy in the area, but during hard economic times I recommend against being in dense population centers.
Devona Garri…, , Beaumont, CA
Mon Jul 30, 2012
I don't have an answer to your specific question, but a good thing to do before buying a home is to go to the Megan's Law website. Just Google it its easy to find.