L F Raines, Home Buyer in Oregon

Is Trulia just a front for Realty Trac? They are the only ones handling foreclosures anywhere???

Asked by L F Raines, Oregon Fri Jan 9, 2009

Answers

5
Randall Sand…, Agent, Charleston, SC
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Just ask your local realtor and if you cannot find a good one, let me know and I can refer one your way.

In our MLS system, we can search for foreclosures and pre-foreclosures, a lot of agents do not want to deal with them

Hope that helps,

Randall Sandin
843-209-9667
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Jan 9, 2009
LF - I am right here in your area and no - realty trac is not the only place to get the list of foreclosures. Please give me a call or email me and I will help you find what you need. Thank you for your question - it is hard for us as realtors to see things the way the public sees it.

Lana Lavenbarg
email: lanal@cbdt-sold.com
phone 541--956-5325
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Fri Jan 9, 2009
No Realty Trac is not a Broker and that is not a bad place to find a foreclosure or to sell one but can never replace the power of the MLS. Almost all Foreclosures once the bank takes them are listed and go to the MLS services.

Use a good broker and you should be able to buy or sell a foreclosure. Short Sales can be a better solution however for both.

If you better explain your needs I am sure we can zero in for you on what would work best.

Hope that helps!

regards;

Dirk Knudsen
Re/Max Hall of Fame
Web Reference:  http://www.theknudsens.com
Dennis Skoro, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Hi - Trulia posts listings coming from many sources - Realty Trac is just one of them. I have been watching listings being posted by Realty Trac and it doesn't always seem to have the most current info. I looked up a couple different properties they had posted as being active, and those properties had sold as much as 3 months ago. I belong to another resource that's absolutely free (Realty Trac is not) that I am able to set up a customized search in and receive emails notices many times a day as new Notices of Default with an auction date set has just been mailed to the home owner. I got an email notice a few days ago on a property where I knew the home owner - when I asked him about it, he hadn't even received his Notice with an auction date set in the mail yet. It's a great resource and doesn't cost anything and will give you addresses. The only factor that it doesn't always have is whether there's a 2nd mortgage or other liens (neither does Realty Trac) - so you will see that the home is being foreclosed and when they post the minimum bid - that may only be for the 1st. You will have to do your own research and find out about additional liens the buyer could be responsible for. A good Realtor will be set up with their preferred Title Company and be able to do some research regarding the loans on the property and at least give you that info - and can also connect you with their Title Officer to run a preliminary title report to search for other possible liens as well.

If you are interested in checking out the site I mentioned - the web address is: http://www.USA-Foreclosure.com. Great site with alot of good info.

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Residential/Commercial Loan Officer
Commonwealth Group & Sunset Mortgage Co.
Serving the Portland Metro Area
Ph: 503-516-1637
Email: LetUsGuideYouHome@comcast.net
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Jan 9, 2009
LF,

You can't be serious...........foreclosures and pre-foreclosures are everywhere.